1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Starting out fashion wardrobe

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JRolley, Jul 13, 2012.

1. JRolley

JRolley Well-Known Member

Hey guys I'm fairly young and just starting to develop my fashion wardrobe. Could anyone recommend some brands to focus on or to help me with a rough idea where I should be looking. I'm looking for some casual clothes like chinos, shorts, denim, t-shirts, polo's, jackets, knitwear, anything and the same for a bit more classy/formal clothes. I like slim pants/denim and slim tops as well as I'm fairly tall and thin. Anything you have to add would be greatly appreciated even just some general help.

2. saiyar1

saiyar1 Well-Known Member

As you'll soon learn through browsing, your question is simply impossible to answer. Stick around, learn about stylr and your own preferences, and build your wardrobe SLOWLY. Welcome.

3. JRolley

JRolley Well-Known Member

Thanks :) yeah I thought it was a long shot it's quite a big question since everyone is unique and each label has a slightly different fit and fabric and each person has personally preferences. I have been browsing and I love a lot of the style and especially the uniqueness offered here. Just so this thread doesn't go to complete waste, maybe people could post personal preferences?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  4. saiyar1

saiyar1 Well-Known Member

To make this useful to you, why don't you post a pic of yourself wearing something you feel fits well (go ahead and blur your face) just to see your body shape. Also post some pics of styles you like or want to emulate.

Then we can give you brands that have that cut, etc.

5. jon54

jon54 Member

this is definitely a good idea.