1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Starching Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by VKK3450, Jul 10, 2006.

1. uNotAzFreshAzImIz

uNotAzFreshAzImIz Well-Known Member

ddml what happened to superfuture man ? when will it be back ..

2. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Well-Known Member

1947 bucklebacks? Damn that is a lot of starch. Those jeans are hanging and the leg opening is still bunched up!! You go.

3. uNotAzFreshAzImIz

Good thing you asked rns - they are actually 1954 .. sorry edited it
    And that's not a lot of starch really I only sprayed once saturating them - I used a 50/50 mix for " heavyweight " starch properties ..
    I wore them while watching ultraviolet , big Momma's house 2 , last Holiday , Revolver and ate dinner indian style on huge floor pillows with my girlie ..
    Oh and watched Lucky # slevin with Bruce Willis ( as an elite hitman ) morgan freeman and Lucy Liu .. good stuff ...
    so all in all about 8 hours they were dry completely as far as I could tell ..
    Then I slowly took them off to keep their form and took a shower cause my skin was starched bad and hit the sack and started wearing them next day ...

4. uNotAzFreshAzImIz

rnrs what happened to superfuture man ? when will it be back .. hee

5. digital_denim

digital_denim Well-Known Member

wow, i think you're user name is going to give LA Guy a conniption.

6. digital_denim

digital_denim Well-Known Member

rnrs what happened to superfuture man ? when will it be back .. hee

I think the one to ask is Minya!

7. uNotAzFreshAzImIz

who is LA Guy digital and I don't want him to have any conniptions he is cool with me - LA !! Im from Pomona btw ... Whats wrong with my name ? Its a freakin lil bow wow song my little sister loves Bow Wiggitty .. [​IMG] : off to find Minya :

8. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Well-Known Member

I don't know what is up with the other SF.

LA Guy likes to distinguish his well-to-do establishment of the Queens English with what he thinks are lowly serfs who speak a different language... one with rules and boundaries.

(in my best uppity british accent)
    He is a rather established prim and proper man.

9. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Well-Known Member

10. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Well-Known Member

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Tut tut!
    [​IMG]

Hey, who leaked that picture? Oh well, at least now people know that I was done with skinny jeans about 150 years ago, at least. It's so done.

12. uNotAzFreshAzImIz

ohhhhhhh

werd ...

I shall maintain a proper level of integrity then while here ...

LA .... respek ....

13. Bobby Polk

Bobby Polk New Member

i been starching my jeans for 17 years. this is how you do it RIGHT! get your jeans out and get you a bottle of STA-FLO concentrated starch. HAS TO BE STAY-FLO!!! Take your jeans and line em up seam to seam.make sure the seams line up perfect. lay them on your ironing board. next get your starch ready. use a spray bottle and depending on how heavy you want your starch to be,mix concentrated stay-flo starch with water. i prefer mine medium heavy so i mix 60%starch to 40% water. use more ore less to your liking.
    Now with your pants lined up on the ironing board spray your jeans with your mixture ONE LEG AND ONE SIDE at a time.after its sprayed,rub starch into the fabric with your palms and then wait abot 3-5 mins.this lets the starch penetrate the fabric and prevents scorching when you iron. set your iron to DRY high heat and start ironing paying extra attention to the creases so you will have them playa like sword sharp creases!! keep ironing...you will know when that side of the the leg is finished when it becomes dry. then flip over your pants carefully and repeat steps on the inside leg. One leg done! then you start on the other leg using the exact same steps.the key is to make sure your seams line up and you dont scorch by putting WAY too much starch or by not rubbing it in enough. once your finished check your pants and see if there are any touchups you can make. when done,lay pants flat or clip to hanger that lets them hang. you DO NOT have to put them under the matress lol. next day,slide them crisp puppies on and watch the compliments come!!!

14. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Well-Known Member

^^^^best 1st post ever

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.