• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's the Aus distributor Wurger? (Doublemonk?) Would like to have a look even If it is only a 'look'....

Fiddler

Reaction score
They must have a reason for b&w photography since I guess they can probably afford to get helmut newton to shoot their shoes.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

They must have a reason for b&w photography since I guess they can probably afford to get helmut newton to shoot their shoes. their shoes.

It might be a bit difficult, to get Helmut Newton, as he died in 2004.
What about Peter Lindbergh who, like Newton is also an absolute master of b&w photography and German (born)?

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Karl Sussmann, in Sydney.

I am sure we all agree they are a worthy purchase :embar:

Karl is great guy to deal with, warning you now you it's going to be additive
1f600.png

LeatherFoot

Reaction score
Something like 4.5 months or so. I mean certain retailers have stock shoes, but if you don't like what they have in stock then you have to order and wait just as they did for their "stock".
For those of you who cannot wait, feel free to check out our online shop as we have a very large selection of Saint Crispin's in stock. For those of you who must, MTOs rarely take more than 8 weeks, and if it does it is because there are predictable circumstances, such as their August holiday, or a client is making multiple pairs on the same personalized last.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something like 4.5 months or so. I mean certain retailers have stock shoes, but if you don't like what they have in stock then you have to order and wait just as they did for their "stock".

For those of you who cannot wait, feel free to check out our online shop as we have a very large selection of Saint Crispin's in stock. For those of you who must, MTOs rarely take more than 8 weeks, and if it does it is because there are predictable circumstances, such as their August holiday, or a client is making multiple pairs on the same personalized last. 

Thanks for the info, great to know!

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First pair of loafers in about 20 years... and with tassels no less!
[
/quote]

Those are sweet medtect ! Do you take the same size in loafers and lace ups? Thinking of ordering my first pair of loafers from StC.

I did in fact take the same size, with a few mm rasped off my modified last. Unfortunately, the loafers still ran a bit large, so StC arranged for pick up at my office and they're now back in the workshop in Romania for modification.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did in fact take the same size, with a few mm rasped off my modified last. Unfortunately, the loafers still ran a bit large, so StC arranged for pick up at my office and they're now back in the workshop in Romania for modification.

Thank for that, I'll keep that in mind when I order a pair. I am sure StC will be able to fix it to your satisfaction.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads