• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jkater1

Reaction score
Well my boots came today, wow the fit is amazing. Is there a trick for the shoe trees? Having a very hard time taking them out and putting in.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pictures above are when they are new. I am yet to take picture on the current state however they have not been used as much as I'd like.....I am planning to use them more this winter. Here is another picture
Beautiful pictures ... not only confirms all their beauty ... and why not have them still used? I would put them with any color dress or pants! I can not wait to see the photos side! Thanks again for showing these rare beauties.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. If I have one small disappointment with my pair it's that the trees aren't very tight. Not sloppy loose, but not as snug fitting as my Anthony Cleverley lasted trees. I wonder if my G-with fitting has anything to do with it?

cgo

Reaction score

Beautiful pictures ... not only confirms all their beauty ... and why not have them still used? I would put them with any color dress or pants! I can not wait to see the photos side! Thanks again for showing these rare beauties.

Thanks for the kind words Gianni. I will take more photos when I wear them

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I notice mine are tight, but naturally have loosened up over time. I like that they are tight because I know they are doing something. My Corthay lasted trees were useless.

Last edited:

ezlau

Reaction score

Well my boots came today, wow the fit is amazing. Is there a trick for the shoe trees? Having a very hard time taking them out and putting in.

A little spit always do the trick (I'm kidding) :hide:

Mr. Pink

Reaction score

Interesting.  If I have one small disappointment with my pair it's that the trees aren't very tight.  Not sloppy loose, but not as snug fitting as my Anthony Cleverley lasted trees.  I wonder if my G-with fitting has anything to do with it?

I haven't found this. My St C trees fit at least as snugly as my Anthony Cleverly trees, and my right foot is a G width. Could St C have supplied you with the wrong trees?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I heard they make each pair of trees for the shoes, they aren't just mass made in sizes. It could just be the fact that handmade stuff has slight variations.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine are G and shoe tree should be marked with your shoe number? Might be since it's a chukka?

ledoangiang

Reaction score
wow, very nice...
musicboohoo[1].gif

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe trees are not marked with shoe number but the order number, and it started just these few years.

SC trees are not lasted per se; only the front half are lasted and fit well, with waist and heel poorly fitted. This is in comparison to lasted trees for my bespoke pairs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads