1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Well-Known Member

Would also appreciate if they offered polos that fits the bigger guys (equivalent to the 17 and 17 1/2 shirts in Contemporary). Maybe in a couple of years when they have a wider clientele base, who knows!

2. spiermackay

spiermackay Well-Known Member

We have
    We have a new group of polos just in finishing at the moment. A revised Shirt Collar and and a new button down collar version. Shirt collar we are now using non-woven interlining in the the collar to give it more support, so it stands up great. We dissected a really nice Cuccinelli polo with the same collar and discovered this was the trick.

Colours are Black, Navy, Heather Gray, White, Crimson Red, Royal Blue, and Forest Green.

cloud82 likes this.
  3. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Well-Known Member

Received a few different items from S&M today in the mail.

First up is the blue wool/linen check suit. I really like everything about this suit. It's a great shade of blue with a nice, subtle pattern. The fabric is perfect and light in weight for summer with a nice drape without it being too light and thin, and the fit (38 slim for me) is spot on. I love the fact that the S&M suits are slightly longer in length than my regular SuSu suits which are about 1/2"-1" shorter in overall length than I would prefer. Overall, this is a great suit at an amazing price. Below is a quick picture that I snapped from my iPhone. I feel like this is a pretty good representation of the color (maybe not quite as dark as the pic but close).

I also received white and blue summer oxfords. These, like all of my other slim S&M dress shirts, fit me almost perfectly. These are super soft and lighter in weight to make them perfect for the spring and summer. Awesome oxfords! I have dress shirts from Ledbury to Kamakura (which I really like) to Brooks Brothers and others, and the S&M dress shirts are right there with Kamakura (perhaps even better) as my favorite from an overall quality, fit, and cost standpoint.

Finally, I received a white cotton polo with the shirt collar. The medium is a great fit, nice and snug without being too tight, and the material looks very good especially for the price. Another homerun, and I'll be purchasing more of these.
    S&M.JPG

spiermackay likes this.