1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. pmestrad

pmestrad Well-Known Member

I second this.

1 person likes this.
  2. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Any plans for a more dressed up chino line in the normal dress pant fits? Something like what I imagine the summer cotton suit pants are like but in a full range of colors.

3 people like this.
  3. Darkside

Darkside Well-Known Member

Your size is 38R Contemporary.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  4. White Lotus

White Lotus Well-Known Member

I could but 38R the chest would be alittle bigger.

5. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Well-Known Member

Which would be fine.

1 person likes this.
  6. 2942

2942 Well-Known Member

That's what you need.

1 person likes this.
  7. flvinny521

flvinny521 Well-Known Member

@spiermackay Are you around, Rick? I haven't heard from you after my last couple of e-mails.

8. Wilson13

Wilson13 Member

Just received my test shirt of a four-shirt MTM order. For a first try, it's pretty close. Would like some feedback on a couple issues, though:

1. It's a little tight in the upper chest/ shoulders. I actually think it's solely due to the shoulders being too small. Was thinking to add about 3/8" or 1/2" to total shoulders width.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I would like the collar to be a little more open and to tuck under the jacket lapel (see how it is sitting a little on top of the lapel?). The collar points measure 3.75", so I don't think their length is the issue, but maybe the buttons could be moved out slightly.
    [​IMG]

Any feedback on the above is appreciated.

9. Spex

Spex Well-Known Member

^^ I see, like myself, you've gone for a fairly long shirt, for ones that you would tuck in. Kudos.

It does look very slim over all, not just in the shoulders and chest, but althroughout the body. You may want to wash it a couple of times and see how that further affects the fit.

With respect to the collar, logically the buttons would have to lie beneath the lapels in order to hide the points, so I think you are right about that. I think they changed the button down collar this past year and I'm not sure what I think of it. I've only ordered 2 custom BDC shirts, about a year apart, an I think I like the older one better (both are 3.25" long). It's almost like the collar band has become higher.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  10. Wilson13

Wilson13 Member

Thanks for the feedback. With respect to the collar, I provided measurements and a picture, so please don't take this collar to reflect their standard BD (though, this is not exactly what I was wanting - will have to make some adjustments). Also, I didn't articulate it well, but I was really meaning to say I wanted the sides of the collar to sit better underneath the lapel, not the collar points.

As far as fit, I did ask for the cloth to be washed and dried before cutting, but either way, good idea to wash the shirt before confirming the rest of the order.

11. White Lotus

I got a 38S Contemporary instead. The length is 28.1 inches. The 38R Contemporary length is 29.5 which would be longer than I would like. I measured my length and its suppose to be 29.3 which is exactly the length of the 38R Slim Fit Suit. My legs are about the same length as my torso but my calves are big. Wouldn't a longer jacket make me look shorter because of that?

12. dappercanadian

dappercanadian Well-Known Member

the. length. on. the. 38R. slim. was. perfect.

.2" longer would not be a noticeable difference in length. 1.2" shorter would be.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  13. White Lotus

I feel like its too long for me or is it something I've to get used to since I might become a fashion victim due to preference for shorter jackets?

14. DFWWingnut

DFWWingnut Active Member

[​IMG]
    Not my graphic but a good guide for sportcoat/blazer length.

15. dappercanadian

dappercanadian Well-Known Member

It's not too long for you, but style all comes down to preference.

16. dtgsigns

dtgsigns Well-Known Member

I don't think chests can be let out. Back yes, but never heard of a tailor being able to let out extra fabric in chest area.

S&M, your input?

17. dtgsigns

dtgsigns Well-Known Member

Double post

18. White Lotus

I got the longer one in regular. I'm on Styleforum after all.

19. facet

facet Well-Known Member

How tall are you?

20. White Lotus

5'6 1/2 150 lbs.