1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. CMAc7

CMAc7 Well-Known Member

I think I am just nostalgic about the days when this thread was about new fabrics, sneak peeks, first access codes, and fit pics. Lately it has turned into nothing more than a FedEx tracking app, or worse, the Meermin thread.

I just think people need to remember that they are buying from a 4-5 man custom clothing shop operation, not a multinational corporation like SuitSupply. If my local tailor gets swamped and gets my hem done on Thursday rather than Monday, I am not on Yelp asking for her head. My expectations are proportionate.

1 person likes this.
  2. Ebichuman

Ebichuman Well-Known Member

I hear you, I don't enjoy this any more than the rest of us but I understand the frustration of some posters.

3. flvinny521

flvinny521 Well-Known Member

Rick personally has always provided great service to me as well, going above and beyond expectations even when I don't ask for it. I'll continue to be a customer, but any time I try to reach out via phone or e-mail, it seems to go unnoticed. Inevitably, I will come here, send him a PM, and it will be resolved better than I had hoped. As we can see, when Rick isn't available, things fall apart. Also, there have got to be many clients who don't know they have a direct line to him through this forum, and I hate to think about their impression of the company.

A little while back I half-jokingly asked Rick if he could use CS staff that worked remotely, as this issue seems to pop up again every few hundred posts. It can't be easy to have the entire operation of the business squarely on his shoulders, and I am sure that has got to take a toll. I hope he can unload some of that pressure on to others. (Rick, if you're reading, I work from home about 4 days a week! Let me know if you could use some help!)

1 person likes this.
  4. KWang94

KWang94 Well-Known Member

S&M just had a restructuring so everyone at their downtown store (Tommy, Jason) were let go. Whenever I've gone in recently, it's only been the store manager, Mike, who's been in. The store is usually pretty quiet so it's not a big deal but I can understand why they might be struggling with the online aspect of CS.

5. tiktokclikclak

tiktokclikclak New Member

Quick update for those waiting. Rick contacted me last night and is eagerly assisting in resolving my issue and questions. Not sure if it was the result of these posts, but now that I'm in contact and someone is assisting my mind is at ease.

I'll refrain from the additional discussion, but my issue is effectively resolved now thanks to Rick's attention.

3 people like this.
  6. lh0628

lh0628 Member

That's good to hear. I just sent Rick a PM as well.

7. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who is looking forward to what 2017 will bring from SM? I"m excited for the new releases of the OCBD shirts especially

Edit - I know around this time, Rick is usually travelling so that could be why the lack of responses

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  8. KWang94

KWang94 Well-Known Member

Definitely excited to see what SS17 will bring. There's still one sportcoat from this year's FW collection that I want to pick up that hopefully won't run out in my size.

9. lh0628

lh0628 Member

I received a response from Rick very quickly, I'm confident my issues will be resolved soon.

10. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Did you try the new OCBD without the box pleat?

My latest order should be here next week and can't wait to check them out.

11. colHolm

colHolm Well-Known Member

Earlier this week, x-posted from WAYWRN. Jacket, shirt, trousers and belt all from @spiermackay

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  12. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to your review of the suit.

13. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

I've been trying to avoid buying this SC but I might just have to.

Edit: I have some vacation to burn before this academic year ends and I haven't been to Toronto since I was a kid. I imagine it'd be nice to visit in June, do I need to watch out for any Canadian holidays when the shop would be closed? Would be great to get my measurements on file for MTM and I could use a 4 day weekend when Houston is starting to get swampy.

1 person likes this.
  14. dappercanadian

dappercanadian Well-Known Member

June and March are actually the only months we have without a paid holiday! Toronto in June is great weather. About 80 fahrenheit usually.

15. colHolm

colHolm Well-Known Member

I think this is the nicest fabric they've done in OTR. Dunno if that helps :)

16. zinc2162

zinc2162 Well-Known Member

I am thinking about the same thing. Might have to pick up this SC when I visit the store next week. I hope we are not the same size.

Very nice!!

17. pmestrad

pmestrad Well-Known Member

This may have been discussed previously, but when is the next set of sport coats set to be released? Can we be expecting anything soon?

18. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Well-Known Member

I have seen this fabric in person and it looks very nice. Subdued, but interesting :).

Note, however, that Saturday, July 1st is Canada Day (like July 4th in the US), so some stores will be closed then.

19. MattGuitar

MattGuitar Member

[​IMG]

I'm wearing my second Spier and Mackay purchase, a charcoal suit. IRL, the colors are ulighter, but I couldn't take a photo in the rain. I only had to hem the pants and shorten the sleeves.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    3 people like this.
  20. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Clean back OCBD arrived! Pink arrived last week in store I believe. I had to replace the Bleeker Slate on my order as it was oversold so I decided to wait for the pink oxford as the replacement. So be on the lookout for that and the burgundy stripe online soon.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.