1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. CO335d

CO335d Member

Do it! I did it. No ragrets (not even a vowel).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  2. gbandi

gbandi Well-Known Member

Do most of you guys go up one size for the polos? I am 5-11", 175lb, 40 chest 34waist got a bit of belly. Should I go up one size? Anyone with realize pics of the colors and collars?

3. facet

facet Well-Known Member

Hi Rick

So I ordered a polo and wanted to exchange it for a size up. When I contacted you guys for my authorization number, I was told that I'd be issued a refund. Does that mean I have to reorder the polo again? I asked for clarification but haven't heard back.

@gbandi

I will end up sizing up. I'm a 37.5" chest, 5'7", about 160-165 and found it to be too tight, like wearing a rugby jersey or bike shirt. I'll try and post a pic sometime today.

4. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Depends on how you like to wear them, I am 5'9" and about 180, 41 chest and 34.5 waist and am wearing a M in these pics. I would think a M would probably be your size too. I had Larges in the older polos and though they were ok in the chest they are too wide in the shoulder and waist in hindsight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  5. flvinny521

flvinny521 Well-Known Member

I asked this earlier, but I think it got buried. Does anybody have experience with the Royal Oxford and Panama weave shirts? @spiermackay mentioned them to be good choices for hot weather, but I was wondering on their level of formality. Acceptable with a suit, or too casual? I'm wearing a Luxire poplin shirt today, but I hate how difficult it is to iron and how easily wrinkles appear, so I'm hesitant to buy another poplin.

6. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Well-Known Member

Royal Ox is perfect for a suit and fairly dressy IMO, it has that "looks like a high end fabric" effect, and in all honesty it is high end. Semi-Spread or button down works well

Panama weave I personally love and in white can add that bit extra pop to a plain navy/grey suit, white shirt combo.

Not sure either are going to wear as light as you are hoping though...

1 person likes this.
  7. spiermackay

spiermackay Well-Known Member

Strange, an exchange is pretty straight forward. Not sure why they said you would be issued a refund. What's your order#?

8. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

I'm roughly your size and wear medium:

[​IMG]

9. flvinny521

Very helpful, thank you. In all honesty, I don't think there's such thing as a business-appropriate shirt that's actually cool enough in south Florida.

10. facet

facet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

@gbandi hers the best I could do with my phone as I'm at work. It's pretty snug so it really depends on how fitted you want it to be

Thanks for looking into it for me Rick. My order # is 16245.

11. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

@spiermackay Had family in town last week for my medschool graduation, wore a ton of your stuff in the process and everybody was really impressed with the products. I need to go ahead and upload the pics here soon, but a quick rundown of things I wore included your chinos, madras shirts, dress shirts, the navy wool/linen hopsack blazer, navy model 2 suit, and brown herringbone wool/linen suit (this one for the ceremony itself). Your lineup is such an incredible value for the quality and design, and the products keep getting better!

Also, should I grab those cotton/linen fabrics in MTM or will you be releasing some OTR versions soon? If I MTM I'm thinking a buttondown for the white and spreads for the light blue and blue stripe, since I'm pretty pleased with how the spread looks on the otr cotton/linen plaid shirt.

1 person likes this.
  12. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Well-Known Member

I'll add my voice to the linen fan club. Wearing the indigo today for the first time and I've already had two compliments from strangers.

13. gbandi

gbandi Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll probably size up.

14. gbandi

gbandi Well-Known Member

It would be great if the bundle pricing could be done mixing up the polos and shirts. Hate to buy more than 3 polos to get upto $100!!

15. Spex

Spex Well-Known Member

Check if there are any of the older chinos in stock in your size, as they are only $15. Now that it's hot, they are basically the only pants I wear on the weekend as they are lightweight and the fit is spot on. Get a couple pairs of these.

16. gbandi

gbandi Well-Known Member

How do they fit? I hear they are too tight

17. flvinny521

For me, they were too tight. I am about 5'7"-5'8", 185 pounds, but I am a former weightlifter, so I am pretty bulky for my height and weight. My thighs were much too big to fit in the chinos.

18. gbandi

gbandi Well-Known Member

Great to know!! Don't want to get stuck with items that don't fit. Need 3 polos, 1 linen, 1 dress shirt. Wish i could mix and match. It might be a good idea to have a min price (eg $120) to allow for bundling

19. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

Looking at MTM... What's the recommended method to get the best fit?

20. Chambertin

Chambertin Well-Known Member

Any idea of the fit comparison of the contemporary dress pants vs. khaki's (that are on sale)?

I was in the store recently, and I found my right size in dress pants, just not sure if I'd be the same in khaki's.