1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. spiermackay

spiermackay Well-Known Member

We just ordered about 20 new basic cloths that should be in about 10 days. We do a full restock every quarter. Next schedule full seasonal restock is July. Then we always go on adding something new every month depending what customers are looking for and what we can get our hands on in terms of interesting or needed fabrics.

Rick

2. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

Been following this thread for a short while and your products look great. I'm looking forward to trying them out. Any plans on running a Father's Day promotion of any sort? I usually buy my dress shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt (their Extra Slim Fits) when they run 4/$200 type deals so I'm hoping to try your OTR shirts when you run another promotion on them and maybe also order a pair of pants at the same time. Glad you're going to be stocking some more basics!

3. spiermackay

Hello losrockets!

Currently we are running our OTR shirts at 3 for $119. The discount is taken in the basket once the third shirt is added. Any shirt after that is also on the discounted price.

Cheers,
    Rick

4. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

How does the "casual fit" of your casual shirts compare with the "contemporary fit" of your dress shirts?

5. spiermackay

Hi Roger,

They are made on similar blocks, so the fit is very similar. The casuals, are about 1" extra through the waist to make them a bit more relaxed. They are also cut a bit shorter to work better untucked. If I recall correctly, you fit the 16 1/2 contemporary quite well, so the Large is size to go for, as the specs are near identical.

Best Regards,
    Rick

6. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

^^^ Thanks Rick.

7. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

Oh wow, thanks! Will give it a shot soon. Will the discount still be running when you add some more basic shirts to the OTR program in a week or so (Or were the basic cloths for the MTM only?)

8. spiermackay

The basic cloth coming is for Custom only at the moment. That said, if you filter through to your size, there should be plenty of wardrobe staples available.

Cheers,
    Rick

9. ajain05

ajain05 Active Member

Hi, For whatever reason, I haven't been able to send people emails for the referral program. They aren't receiving it, and weren't able to find it in their junk mail box. Just wondering if you could look into that.

10. spiermackay

We noticed the problem late last week. It was only happening with certain accounts. It was resolved over the weekend. When did you try sending the emails? Recently or last week?

11. Sapianwear

Sapianwear Member

36 inseam on a size 30. Same inseam length found on your trouser collection.

12. Vasco

Vasco Well-Known Member

Hi Rick,

My first post on the SF; long time lurker though.

I was in the store a few days ago and picked up a slim fit 16", spread collar shirt to try it out. I'm the guy that was around when you were opening up the box to the large mirror.

Happy with the fit overall and quality however the sleeves are a bit long on me. That's ok though as I realize my arms are a bit short for the typical based on the size. The lady representative was great and she stated I could have the sleeves tailored for a nominal fee.

I'd like to make the transition to custom shirts but was hoping to confirm when you expect to receive a new batch of light blues, blues with stripes, whites with coloured stripes, etc.

Can you provide a brief overview on what we can expect with respect to new material over the next little while?

Thank you,
    Tony

13. spiermackay

Hi Tony,

We add full restocks every 3 months or so (each quarter) based on the season. Next will be in August for Fall. In between we always keep adding core and basics, such as blues, basic stripes, textured whites, etc. We actually just ordered about 20 fabrics along those lines which we hope to have in stock next week.

Fall will bring in some denim, some flannels, a lot more office appropriate checks and stripes. Always on tap are interesting checks and self patterned fabrics. A pretty big mix of 180-200 fabrics.

If you are on our newsletter or follow on facebook we announce releases of cloth.
    Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Rick

14. Vasco

Vasco Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds great.

15. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

Ugh, I just found this page and am sad I missed this. Would have loved to get a hold of a pair.

16. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

17. spiermackay

Keep an eye out. We have a bunch of promos starting next week for summer.

2 people like this.
  18. spiermackay

Just a heads up.

3 shirts for $119 is back on: Discount taken when items added to basket.
    http://www.spierandmackay.com/dress-shirts

Khakis are on for $35/pr right now until next Wednesday. Use Code: KHAKIUP
    http://www.spierandmackay.com/casual_trousers

Also, we've introduced a referral program. As a small company we rely on word of mouth to get the name out there and we greatly appreciate any referrals we get.
    What's different about our program, is that you don't have to wait for the person you referred to make a purchase. Other programs only reward for purchases made.
    Here you get $5 for every person who signs up on our site through your referral.

You can start sharing and racking up credit here:
    https://www.spierandmackay.com/refer_a_friend.php

Cheers,
    Rick

19. LoKey

LoKey Well-Known Member

For anyone who's interested in a review of their OTR shirts, I wrote this up last month. If you find it helpful, you can sign up through my referral link at the end of the review. Bottom line is that I was impressed with the quality/construction and fit, particularly for the price. Enough so that I custom ordered three more. The first should be arriving in a week and I'll update with pics and impressions.

20. linds_15

linds_15 Well-Known Member

hi rick, stopped by last week, love the stuff i got and am now interested in these khakis i didn't know you had. how do they fit compared to your dress pant? also the code drops them to 40 not 35.
    been meaning to write a review to mention how awesome all my stuff it, will get that done so others can share in the great product