1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Speaking of altering jeans

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Henry Boogers, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Well-Known Member

I am quite athletic and have a really hard time finding jeans that fit. I have a 33" waist and 29" quads; I have not found anything that fits both measurements. I have found some jeans that fit nice everywhere but in the waist, so I plan to have the waist taken in.

Has anyone here done this? Where should I ask the darts be sewn, in the back or perhaps in the sides?

Thanks,

Henry P. Boogers

2. j

j Well-Known Member

Darts in pants are typically sewn above the back pockets, but I have not seen this done to jeans. I imagine this would be the best (if not the only) place to put them as there is a good amount of space there between belt loops.

3. philosophe

philosophe Well-Known Member

Darts work, but finding a tailor who can cut the waist down to size and redo the flat-felled seam is better. You need a tailor with the right sewing machine.

4. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Well-Known Member

Thanks, I like the sound of that. The other option is 6 months of pizza and these babies would be snug..