1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Some new shoes...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, Oct 21, 2006.

1. pejsek

pejsek Well-Known Member

Anyway, I wore the Russell's today with a pair of grey flannel pants. They actually work even better than I hoped. That is, at least in my opinion. Here is a pic, the pants got a little squirrley while I was trying to snap it.

[​IMG]

That's a really great look. And it's instructive as well, I think. What would most people say if the question were posed abstractly, What about white/off-white suede cap-toes with grey pants? Hard to argue with success, though.

2. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

That's a really great look. And it's instructive as well, I think. What would most people say if the question were posed abstractly, What about white/off-white suede cap-toes with grey pants? Hard to argue with success, though.

While I really like the shoes too, I find the contrast too striking with grey trousers. Not sure I would wear that in a business context, a casual look perhaps. I think they'd look better paired with light brown or tan pants (or for whatever reason I'm thinking navy would look good, although strictly a casual look). The grey flannel combo just doesn't do it for me.

3. johninla

johninla Well-Known Member

Beautiful shoes! enjoy!!!

4. whoopee

whoopee Well-Known Member

All lovely shoes. The beige suede EGs are an inspired choice. Is the colour accurate in that second photo?

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

All lovely shoes. The beige suede EGs are an inspired choice. Is the colour accurate in that second photo?

Pretty darn close. It might be just a touch darker, but not much.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Those light suedes are quite interesting; I usually do not like light colored shoes. Do they run the risk of becoming dirty?

7. Dragon

Dragon Well-Known Member

That combination looks fantastic. Thanks for the pics...you`ve given me new ideas on how to pair shoes with trousers.

8. mfj20th

mfj20th Well-Known Member

Matt
    Did u pick up those in the States or overseas?
    Havent seem them anywhere locally.
    Thx
    MFJ

9. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

Matt
    Did u pick up those in the States or overseas?
    Havent seem them anywhere locally.
    Thx
    MFJ

Yes, do tell. I'd love to pick up a pair of Scafora's.

10. argoth

argoth Well-Known Member

Excellent shoes! Those light suede EG russels are amazing. I've been considering a shoe in that color and I believe your shots have convinced me. [​IMG]

Now, to find them. MTO only or RTW available from somewhere?

Arg