• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Solito

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like Solito is ready to try NYC again, domestic crises having passed. Can anyone compare his work to that of any of the other Neapolitans we might know of?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't give you the technical tailoring answer that you may be looking for, but I have experience with Solito, Mina, and Rubinacci.

I like the 2 things that I have gotten completed (and delivered, more importantly) from Solito. Happy with those results, I placed a follow up order...2 or 3 years ago (I can't remember anymore), but those have yet to be completed. Candidly, I have really given up on ever getting those and have written them off in my mind. The other issue is he just does the jackets; Ambrosi does the trousers. That means two elusive tailors to track down for one suit. I may end up getting the Solito jackets completed now, but I have no idea if I will see the trousers so the Solito jackets are not as useful to me. I am really reluctant to go through this process again. I am sympathetic to any personal issues the tailor has been dealing with over the past 3 years, but it would have been better if he would have communicated them. Instead, multiple emails went ignored.

As has been written by others, Mina is very easy to work with and has a fairly regular schedule of USA visits. She is prompt, attentive, and very professional. She also has a very good eye for design, color, and fit. She literally refuses to let you take the garment home unless you are satisfied. I have been very happy with the jackets that I have gotten from her (I have not ordered a suit or odd trousers because I don't have a need). She has also made my favorite shirts and was my gateway to Cappelli ties. I have also been very happy with her own NSM ties.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Concordia: After having read all the horror stories about Solito, why in the world would you ever consider using him? I realize that Manton is happy with his suits, but he is easily the exception (and I believe he travelled to Naples as well).

I had significant issues with Solito prior to the regrettable health issues in his family, and cannot recommend him. NSM is the way to go.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks, all!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads