1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Socks: mid-calf or over-the-calf? with poll this time

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by chorse123, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Mr.K

Mr.K Well-Known Member

I like the mid-calf much better. It would also be nice for one of our SF vendors to also sell socks that fit those of us with smaller feet. Being a size 6 it is almost imp[ossible to find decent socks that fit right.

2. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

I like the mid-calf much better. It would also be nice for one of our SF vendors to also sell socks that fit those of us with smaller feet. Being a size 6 it is almost imp[ossible to find decent socks that fit right.

Have you tried Viccel? They have mid-calf socks in a wide variety of sizes. I bought some and enjoy them (wearing them now actually)--though I do wish I had gone OTC like the rest of my socks...

3. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

OTC socks?

No way Jose.

4. Mr.K

Mr.K Well-Known Member

Have you tried Viccel? They have mid-calf socks in a wide variety of sizes. I bought some and enjoy them (wearing them now actually)--though I do wish I had gone OTC like the rest of my socks...

I did order a few pairs, but found the quality to be lacking. My first pair the upper elastic went limp after one wearing. They are alos too thin for everyday. I have some happy socks that are OK, just wish there could be more options.

5. cmacey

cmacey Well-Known Member

OVC

+1. Mid-calf socks always give me fits...

6. officeboy

officeboy Well-Known Member

does anyone here have a solution to prevent OTC socks from catching on slimmer leg pants? esp wool?

This keeps me from wearing my few pairs of OTC socks. It would be fine if I was standing all day, but I'm up and down all day and every time I sit I need to pull my pant leg up, and then shake my legs to get my pant to drop when I stand.

7. JamesX

JamesX Well-Known Member

8. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Well-Known Member

I dip a toe into both pools here, no pun intended. Lately I've found myself really migrating to OTC for dress purposes. The socks just stay up better and give me more coverage. I feel more comfortable and confident, knowing I don't have to fiddle around with my socks during the day. Occasionally I'll have catchy/static problems, but nothing major.