• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm baffled..

The English media is treating that as a victory...

They're playing a French team built ready for 2014 which struggled to qualify...

This team will get better with time but they're not world class...

England played very negatively without any flair and scred on a free kick retaken...

I'm confused...

England let the French play and with Giroud in the middle of the attack they will have had more chances...

The guy is very good..

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

England played very negatively without any flair and scred on a free kick retaken...
I'm confused...

i would say effective - chelsea style.

di matteo is anounced to sign for one year with the blues.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i would say effective - chelsea style.
di matteo is anounced to sign for one year with the blues.

Effective against France..

Reminds me of the Italians in the seventies..

What happened if the other guys score first?

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Effective against France..
What happened if the other guys score first?

i guess, they would have tried to get back...

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i guess, they would have tried to get back...

Yeah so the style of play was not fun to watch but it was effective--France had the tools to win the game but didn't and that is why the media views it as a win. On some level this is fair as England may now get out of the group. England get Rooney back after the next game and the style of play will undoubtedly change if it hasn't before then.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah so the style of play was not fun to watch but it was effective--
France had the tools to win the game but didn't and that is why the media views it as a win. On some level this is fair as England may now get out of the group. England get Rooney back after the next game and the style of play will undoubtedly change if it hasn't before then.

i enjoyed it and i had very good GT's

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After the first set of games I think you have to give the immediate edge to Italy.

Italy got a draw against Spain but continued to attack throughout the game - clearly playing for a win. They should get stronger as the tournament goes on.
Germany looks ok but were untested by portugal.
England have a right to be happy but are likely to get too full of themselves.
Spain and France need to wake up from their Siestas, though I suspect Spain is not much concerned.
The rest do not really matter. Either Russia or Croatia could become the Cinderella story, but just using the words "Cinderalla" and "Russia" in the same sentence make me queasy.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Italy and Spain were good..

Croatia,Ukraine and Russia look dangerous..

Poland, Germany ,Portugal ,England ,France need to get better..

Holland ,Ireland ,Czech Republic and Sweden have nothing to lose.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Italy and Spain were good..
Croatia,Ukraine and Russia look dangerous..
Poland, Germany ,Portugal ,England ,France need to get better..
Holland ,Ireland ,Czech Republic and Sweden have nothing to lose.

that sums it up very good...

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Portugal has actually nothing to lose making them even more dangerous..
Can they win without a real striker?

But they don't have a striker or a midfielfer. Having the two best wingers in the tourney doesn't make up for all the sins.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But they don't have a striker or a midfielfer. Having the two best wingers in the tourney doesn't make up for all the sins.

Portugal don't have a world class player in midfield, but a midfield trio of Veloso, Meireles, and Moutinho is not one to turn your nose up at. Very solid, and a lot better than what many of the teams at the Euros have.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Portugal don't have a world class player in midfield, but a midfield trio of Veloso, Meireles, and Moutinho is not one to turn your nose up at. Very solid, and a lot better than what many of the teams at the Euros have.

Their midfield is good..

dufferin1

Reaction score
Germany has to be sharp against Holland to carry some momentum..they need to play better then they did against Portugal.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
And on the flip side, Netherlands needs a win here or they're in deep. Should make for a good game, though I have a feeling Germany will be sitting back knowing Netherlands will have to commit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads