1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

my cousin has been a life-long New Castle fan. i knew i'd receive a phone call after sissoko's second. what a buy :D

2. the shah

CR7 has finally done what Messi has never been able to -- score a game-winning own goal :teach:

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Had some free time tonight, so decided to play "kit designer" for Argentina.

Out with the 3 Stripes, and in with the Swoosh. (Home & Away kits)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  4. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Who the fuck is this Moussa Sissoko kid? Joined Newcastle from Toulouse. Did you see how easily he outran Ashley Cole? Wow, this kid can really play.

5. the shah

well outrunning cashley isn't any standard but yeah he's good, great start and made demba ba regret his decision

6. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Ok, but AC's no slouch. It was the power behind it that was so impressive, did you see the clip I'm talking about?

7. pronxs

pronxs Well-Known Member

the one he shot across the goal?

8. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that's the one

9. the shah

how to practice scoring own goal

[​IMG]

10. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

I like the first one a lot... you should pitch that one. Did you think about maybe doing all white on one side and keep it all celeste on the other??
    Second is ok, I like the back on that one but I´m not sure about the front. It clashes a bit too much going from celeste y blanco to a lot of black...
    Where did you do that? PES, FIFA, somewhere else??

11. tullytra

tullytra Well-Known Member

Reina screwed Liverpool today. I have no idea what the hell he was doing on Aguero's goal. Two away draws against Arsenal and City wouldn't be so bad if they weren't leading in the second halves of each. The City draw stings more even though the Arsenal would've drawn them level on points: I just feel that Liverpool outplayed City for the majority of the game where the Arsenal match was evenly fought throughout. Sturridge continues to impress, and Gerrard's goal was a beauty.

12. El Argentino

I played around with splitting the shorts too, but thought the white looked less out there. Plus, I wanted a really stark contrast between the overall vibe of the kits, particularly given Nikes recent colorblocking trend (Portugal home all red, away all black; France home all blue, away all white, etc.). Breaking from the traditional home look of w/ the black shorts makes the kit lighter overall, and then gives weight to the black away kit.

On the second, I do think the whole bandera down the front is a bit too much - maybe darken the blue or something. I liked the idea of the flag colors popping against the black, understated rest of the shirt though.

Yeah, just all done on deep edit on PES for 360. I wish I could modify the licensed teams too (ie Portugal's new away kit, Englands forthcoming kit by Nike rather than Umbro), but you can't modify those. :cloud:

Ex: Portugal Away Kit (2013-14)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. the shah

Fair result today Barca - Valencia match (laughed when I saw madrid double-reject Canales enter the pitch)
    Supposedly Ever Banega was drunk, he was asleep as rest of team was already boarded on the bus for the stadium so they rang him up and woke him he came downstairs pretty out of it :lol:

Balotelli strikes twice to give milan win, quite a debut in the city where he already made a name for himself
    [​IMG]

Barton sees red -- new club same thug. surely the first of many!?

Ivory Coast being eliminated (sorry Drogba luck has to run out at some point!) means that Arsenal get Gervinho back so he can resume making poor decisions whilst upfield

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  14. the shah

forgot to say messi's rocket of a pk makes it 12 goals in as many league matches a new record sup El Argentino

15. Imyouricecreamman

Imyouricecreamman Well-Known Member

All the facets that make the beautiful game :D

16. El Argentino

You seem to not recognize that I love Messi and am very enthused when he does well.

:)

17. the shah

yeah I know but he does well for barca which, as a madridista, ...

anyway I was under the impression that in Argentina they call him names like the Catalan because he performs so well for his club but never at same level for country ? though this year he's stepped it up a whole level I think.

18. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Well-Known Member

Ideally, Monreal will become the Arsenal equivalent of, say, Zabaleta. A hardy and dependable fullback.

I'm a big fan of Gibbs (and Richards too actually) but depth is a good thing.

19. El Argentino

Thought this one was really good. New Holland away -

[​IMG]

Yes, Messi's fortune means Madrid's downfall. It's the curse of my life. Messi has gotten flack in Argentina, especially in and around the 2010 WC, but that hasn't been a huge issue in about a year and a half (not that I agreed w/ it either)