1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

And the moaning and whining begins from another of the world's most effective strikers.

And perhaps even more importantly, Victoria has already "approved" of Becks' move to Paris.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  2. El Argentino

And one more, about Brazil 2014. ESPN actually had a decent showing this morning.

I think this is really interesting, pitting the host nation and their national interest against the idiots running FIFA that believe the world begins and ends with them. I really don't want the WC thrown up in the air, but I kind of hope Brazil stands firm on their positions and doesn't put a futbol tournament above housing projects and surring up a developing economy. It makes me wonder if the US in its current financial position could handle being asked to pull a WC competition out of its butt if called upon.

3. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Incredible. Sad, really.

4. El Argentino

When disputations arise, deny all previous definitions and handicaps. Carlos Tevez was "mistranslated" while on the bench refusing to play.

5. venessian

venessian Well-Known Member

Blaming the interpreter through your advisor...:facepalm: (And a lie; Tevez was chattering all through that post-match interview until the TV had to cut away; it seemed he understood just fine.) Good for Rousseff; I like the Brazilian stance. I think Ibra's fatigue is due to the new hairstyle. [​IMG]

6. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

^
    They earn too much money.

7. El Argentino

SAMURAI POWER!!!

8. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Well-Known Member

FIFA 12 - I'm getting my ass kicked by Swansea for fucks sake. I'm just not very good.

Promptly deleted that file and have started a new one, managing Ajax.

Recommendations for good players for my squad within the budget? Or should I just kinda feel my way around in the dark and buy whoever?

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Speaking of... Why hasn't Arsene played Ryo? Not like we have much to lose at this point

10. Reynard369

Reynard369 Well-Known Member

What's your budget?

11. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, I believe it was $19,000,000 (set the money thing at semi-pro :eek:)

12. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

haha no kidding, I quoted the exact same language from that AP article in this thread about a month ago.

The more I think about it, the more all this PSG talk makes sense. If you are uber-rich and can buy a club or play anywhere, why not choose Paris? Why not do the Manchester City-style makeover in Paris? Save the French from their horrid football and be a hero. Free cheese for life. Or be a loser and still have access to good shopping. I wish that this was my choice to make.

13. DLester

also,

all you haters of US football can SUCK IT because the beautiful game is being played here the right way, and you are missing out.

SUCK
    IT

Victory pics from last night's US Open cup win by the Seattle Sounders, three-peat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Round ball or egg ball?

15. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

Is that Slim (w/ a new hairstyle) hoisting the cup? :confused:

16. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

did they drop the trophy only to have it run over by the bus ? if no, then not doing it right.

17. DLester

@NOBD, I am talking about "soccer" here. When I am referring to eggball, I use the term throwball. gotit?

People look down on US soccer because it is not the Prem etc, but it is a good show and worth checking out. There were over 35k at the game that night, making a massive racket.

:)

18. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

:) Got it.

19. Reynard369

Reynard369 Well-Known Member

The MLS has certainly made some strides, but the the Lamar Hunt or US Open Cup is the equivalent of England's FA Cup, so not really that impressive. Plus, regular season attendances are not nearly as high. That being said, I can't wait until I live in NY so I can go to Red Bulls games.

20. El Argentino

I wish I had open time to attend more RSL games while up here for school. A young family, full time school and part time work really sap up all your free time, though.

MLS is getting consistently better.

Edit: Not directly related, but in my RM manager mode on FIFA12, I just had Ronaldo ask for a transfer to Chelsea or ManCity. I was broken hearted that I couldn't convince him to stay. Who on earth do I sign as a replacement now? Honestly, it kind of hurt...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011