1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

When he sobers up there is a Man U Jersey waiting for him.

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Has Snjeider's stock fallen so significantly that he has no place at ManU anymore?

3. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Well-Known Member

Both teams got what they wanted, Man City won the league and QPR stayed up, they're both happy why not celebrate together? Its like when people moan about the safety of players when a team is promoted and there's a pitch invasion, they're not going to attack their own fans.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  4. Sir Humphrey Appleby

No he only wants to play for a big club. Expect him in a Man City shirt next season.

5. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

I think Snjeider's requests were unreasonable and left him in the quandry of not wanting to be where he was and unable to get to where he wanted to be. I am not sure SAF wants him now--too much drama. Undoubtedly we will make moves over the summer but United aren't going to pay any price to match City--clearly we don't need to.

6. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Taking away his ability, his temperament and unpredictablity is worth having because he gives the rest of the team some passion when they need it, he's the sort of player that the fans can get behind and use him to get behind the whole team when they're quiet and the team needs support. Mancini would do well to keep him as immature as he is.

7. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Clearly you do need to, you lost the league and your starting line up today cost £9 million more than theirs (£169 million to £160 million).

8. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Well-Known Member

:fu: I would be crushed

9. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Sorry it is a mark of appreciation. Borussia is a great club.

10. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

11. acularw

acularw Well-Known Member

Couldn't watch this live and just finished watching the game on DVR. Wow. I jumped on the City bandwagon before the season but I tell you what, I was almost as emotional during the last 20 minutes as I would have been in an equivalent Packers super bowl and I have been following them my entire life.

12. StephenHero

I assume you didn't know who won before you watched it?

13. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

I didn't see the Cisse thing other than the pic above but see no problem with it either, although you sure don't see that every day. It was a huge day for both clubs. People were out of their minds with joy. Nice to see, unless you are a Bolton fan.

City need to send Joey Barton a case of champagne. Without his borderline criminal assault on their players, there would not have been 5 added minutes and no time for those 2 goals. Funny how that worked out.

14. StephenHero

After today's performance, Joey Barton is only a paternity scandal away from Chav Knighthood.

15. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Just bought an AEK Athens shirt for a fiver. Not bad for going to work or running in. Don't like the vast number of sponsors on it but the Greek flag is good, I wonder if Kenneth could persuade Macron to put a Union Flag on ours.

16. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Barton is a tragedy. He shouldnt be allowed to play professionally any longer. What a world class idiot.

Love watching all the fanboi in the stands cry and cheer, so hilarious how important this is. Watching Bolton go down and seeing the tears, what comedy.

Incredible drama though, to score in the last seconds like that to win the league. Wow. Almost as incredible as the Brazilian GP where Lewis Hamilton won the World Championship with a pass on the last corner on the last lap of the last race of the season.

17. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

Sir Humphrey - You should post more in Mens Clothing - it would be interesting to get your take on :foo:'s sartorial philosophy...

I like Macron's (new company?) kits. I picked up a Bologna third jersey last year, and get compliments every time I wear it!

18. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Bought a PSG shirt...

Nice...

19. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Macron isn't super new - they've been around longer in South America than Europe.

Also just read that ManU want the Dortmund spine - Hummels, Kagawa, and Lewandowski.

Madrid need to swoop for Hummels and dump Pepe... :devil: - will be interested to see Mourinho's moves this offseason. Also very excited that they'll be having preseason camp at UCLA. Will probably inspire a roadtrip for this here humble Madridista :nodding:

Last edited: May 14, 2012