• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neither Torres nor Sheva were as good as Ronaldo in his prime, they were somewhere between fat Ronaldo and Ronaldo post injury at best. Both some of the best players in the world but Ronaldo was something else.

IMO the best thing for Torres would be to go to a club like Villareal where he can start afresh with less pressure and become more of a focus for the team.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Neither Torres nor Sheva were as good as Ronaldo in his prime, they were somewhere between fat Ronaldo and Ronaldo post injury at best. Both some of the best players in the world but Ronaldo was something else.
IMO the best thing for Torres would be to go to a club like Villareal where he can start afresh with less pressure and become more of a focus for the team.

Ronaldo really was incredible, especially his last season at PSV Eindhoven, even moreso than his first season at Barca. Neither Torres or Sheva reached that level.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sheva had an impressive run at AC Milan. I might have gotten carried away comparing him to Ronaldo in his prime, but he was still an amazing forward, feared by defenders and goalkeepers all around the globe.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Sheva had an impressive run at AC Milan. I might have gotten carried away comparing him to Ronaldo in his prime, but he was still an amazing forward, feared by defenders and goalkeepers all around the globe.

i just assumed you were trolling with that comparison

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only out-and-out striker of the modern era that can be compared with Ronaldo is Thierry Henry.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The only out-and-out striker of the modern era that can be compared with Ronaldo is Thierry Henry.

Out and out strikers (not midfielders that scored alot, ay) my top 10 ever (in order):

Pele
Maradonna
Eusebio
Puskas
Ronaldo
Weah
Van Basten
Henry
Greaves
Muller

Honorables:

Bergkamp
Batistuta
Raul

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't consider Bergkamp a striker, but that's not a bad list. A lot of those guys are too old for me to have seen much of, though. And I'm always wary of comparisons between players today and fifty years. The game was just so different back then.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Out and out strikers (not midfielders that scored alot, ay) my top 10 ever (in order):
Pele
Maradonna
Eusebio
Puskas
Ronaldo
Weah
Van Basten
Henry
Greaves
Muller
Honorables:
Bergkamp
Batistuta
Raul

Maradona was more of an attacking midfielder though. And maybe Pele too. Theyre in that blurry zone where most greatest players are where theyre not exactly a striker

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maradona was more of an attacking midfielder though. And maybe Pele too. Theyre in that blurry zone where most greatest players are where theyre not exactly a striker

I'd agree with this too.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'd agree with this too.

I remember him playing as a striker. Maybe he moved around. I didnt watch a lot of his career but when I did he was up front.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Abramovich wants Ronaldo, Higuaín, and Mourinho this offseason.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Abramovich wants Ronaldo, Higuaín, and Mourinho this offseason.

he also wanted a laser-guided missile defense system to accompany the mini-sub and 2 helipads and paparrazi deflecting CCD sweeps for his 536 foot yacht. and he got it.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

he also wanted a laser-guided missile defense system to accompany the mini-sub and 2 helipads and paparrazi deflecting CCD sweeps for his 536 foot yacht. and he got it.

"Opulence. I has it."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads