1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

So I just moved to Seoul ...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nis14, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

Wednesday night or Friday night would be best. Friday for obvious reasons (don't have to get up early on Saturdays). Friday mornings are pretty stressful days, so Thurs night wouldn't be good. What about the 22nd if the 15th isn't good for you?

Down for K. Steaks first?

2. marvin100

marvin100 Well-Known Member

15th is far better for me than the 22nd. Sounds like Fri the 15th is best all around. Steaks work for me.

3. Claghorn

16th is also alright if you have plans that morning. Friday, I get off work at 6 but can probably duck out early, so the other option is early dinner, early drinks, etc.

4. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

Friday the 15th would be the best. How many members are confirmed?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  5. Claghorn

I suspect you, marvin and I are showing up for sure. Others I do not know. impolyt_one is in timeout for being impolite, but I think he lives in Gangnam.

Isabelle's or Goo Steak 528?

6. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

I heard good things about Isabelle's. There anything else besides steak?

7. marvin100

Friday the 15th is good. Goo is better than Isabelle's, imo, but it's really annoying when they start cranking bad trance music (around 10? maybe we'll have moved on by then...)

I'll be ready to meet by 7 or so.

8. Claghorn

Alright, so Goo at 7 then Coffee Bar K?

Looked at the menu; Goo is a bit cheaper than I expected. 90 bucks for 400g isn't too bad. I am sure they have other things besides steak as well; I know Isabelle's does.

9. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

You guys think it's better to start a new thread with an appropriate title so other members might know?

I'm down for the steak house.

10. marvin100

Goo doesn't always have everything on the menu--usually the server has a list of what's available. I don't know about other mains, but they have great sides.

Goo @ 7, followed by Coffee Bar K sounds great. K in Gangnam, not Hannam, I assume?

11. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

12. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

I've been in Seoul for about a week now. Interesting place. Staying in Yeoksam which is pretty wild at night; eating in local places which has been fine in the main. I'm here for another week, and may venture further afield, maybe even Isabelle's or Goo.

13. retozimmermann

retozimmermann Well-Known Member

Welcome to Seoul! Have you visited Samcheong-dong (Anguk Station, Line 3, then head north) already? You might find Garosugil interesting, too, which you can find near Sinsa Station. Or come visit us at www.zimmermannkim.com/en/shopinfo.php for a coffee on Saturday or from Tuesday next week.

Have a nice weekend
    Reto