1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

So I just bought a $599 Hickey Freeman suit. Should I return it?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stylistics, Nov 7, 2012.

1. stylistics

stylistics Well-Known Member

2. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Well-Known Member

3. stylistics

4. stylistics

hickey's response:

Thank you for contacting Hickey Freeman. There are web site that carry other lines of the Hickey Freeman suits as they are specifically made for them that we do not have on our site at all. This is why you can’t find that style on our site. I do believe a little over a year ago we did have that style on our site just not now. If it is a suit it would be fully canvassed, and if I do remember I believe the suit was a trimmer cut suit. I hope this does help you out with your question.

5. khe86

khe86 Well-Known Member

You can tell if they suit is full or half canvassed. There is a guide posted here somewhere.

As for whether you should return this suit, the main question is how's the fit. If the fit is great, I would keep it. You could be wearing a full canvass super 150 suit and look terrible if the fit is off.

6. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

If it fits and you were happy with the price in the shop, have the courage of your convictions and keep it. There are far too many that return things because they give to little thought to the purchase or simply dither. That drives costs up for everyone.

7. stylistics

here is a terrible picture but might give you some idea of the fit...its a 44R if you're wondering

[​IMG]

8. stylistics

trying to post a picture but it needs to be approved first

9. stylistics

anyone care to weigh in on that awful pic

10. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

Tough to tell, but it looks OK in the shoulders, but very boxy around the body. If you tug on the jacket around the buttoning point, how much "give" does it have? It should not pull too far away from your body, maybe 3 inches.

11. stylistics

a good amount, id guess like 5 inches? but i was planning on getting it altered.

also, not sure if im even keeping it. thinking about hitting up Off 5th today and also checking out the J Crew Ludlow