1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

So Cal Entertainment Industry Professional Position Interview- What to wear?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nonchalant, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Nonchalant

Nonchalant Member

I'm visiting a big name entertainment studio for a second interview for a professional position in LA on Friday. It's So Cal, but it's not a creative position, and it's October, and it's hot, and I'm flying in, what else can I say? What would you wear?

2. soxpats

soxpats Well-Known Member

I would dress like professional going to a job interview. Look good and present yourself in a professional manner.

3. sportin_life

sportin_life Well-Known Member

Nice summery suit, it's still pretty warm here. Probably fashion forward cut since it's in the entertainment studio.

Maybe a solid cotton or light weight wool navy or medium grey suit, light colored shirt, standard accessories?

4. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángele
    Depends on the job.

Agents wear dark suits. Period.

If you're going to a major studio, you should probably wear a dark suit.

If you're interviewing at a network, couldn't go wrong with a dark suit.

You've got to remember, most of these entertainment companies are part of multinational conglomerates where the big kids wear suits. When I interviewed (for a senior position that didn't even require me to wear a suit), I wore a charcoal suit with faint pinstripes. Hugo Boss. One of the most non-descript, basic suits I own. I knew an interview was not the time for a tan RLPL suit or an aggressively styled Attolini suit.

For an interview? Dark. Simple.