1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Depends how old yours is. My stark is all wool and from probably 09ish. It's slim but long as fuck which I prefer, if I were to guess it's probably close to 29". I would be a large in starks as of late but they wouldn't be as long nor could I tell you what size you would need to achieve the old style length.

2. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

I think mine's from 2010 or something and it's also all wool. I wonder how the new merino blend fares in comparison to the old 100% virgin wool. Also, it might just be me but I remember checking out a Stark from a year or two ago and it felt thinner and lighter.

Pic of the newer collar with merino inside lining in a brighter color: https://cdn.unionmadegoods.com/unionmade/Images/Products/23751-2c_1479337302.jpg

Anyone have one of these? Is the difference in color that apparent or is it just the photo?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  3. NotCreative

NotCreative Active Member

Hey everyone, I'm looking at picking up a fisherman crew and looking for fit advice. I'm 5'11, 165ish lbs, 38/39" chest and a 33" waist. SNS's website says to buy TTS, however going off End's measurements a M would probably be too small.

4. Chubbs

Chubbs Well-Known Member

Yeah I would go with a large unless your looking for a tighter fit. The fisherman crew runs pretty slim.

5. NotCreative

Thanks - I went with a large.

6. conqueror

conqueror Well-Known Member

i personally would have went with a M considering how long the sleeves are. i'm pretty much the same weight/chest but 6'1.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  7. NotCreative

I seem to be in-between sizes. I bought an SNS full zip sweater a couple years ago in M, however it was too slim, especially if I wore anything underneath it.

8. NikosSs17

NikosSs17 New Member

Hi Guys,
    I would like to have your point of view about my Black Sns Herning Stark in XL, i just received from Le rayon Frais at a very attractive price 143€ (153US$) with shipping!!! It was the last one
    i'm i'm 191(6,3 feet), 86 kg (190lbs) and 43 inch chest.

I'm wearing it with a tee and a flannel shirt.
    On the photos below the cardigan is not fitted even with the tee and shirt . There is still space but don't feel to be too large. It's why i'm asking for advices.

Do you think XL is the good size or should i go to the L and return it and try to find a L somewhere but not at a competitive price as this one?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry for the quality and the mess behind me...

Than you to let me know what do you think.

Regards,
    Nicolas.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  9. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Well-Known Member

Nope, that fit will do, its nice to have a bit of room on knits. Sleeves are pretty long on SNS, I have issues with folding them back as you've done. SNS has got slimmer over the years.

I have a stark that fits like that (preferred) and a Zoom I just bought which is slimmer.

1 person likes this.
  10. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

Looks fine to me.

1 person likes this.
  11. Tom-

Tom- Member

Hi all. After searching for ages for a cardigan exactly like the Stark blue static, I was delighted to finally stumble across this brand! :D

Quick sizing question:

I'm 6'5", 101kg/220lb, athletic build. I prefer a slightly tighter fit, and wear L in a lot of brands. But from reading the thread it looks like Herning fits slim, so I'm guessing XL is the way to go?

12. circumspice

circumspice Well-Known Member

Good luck. I am 6 ft flat, 180? and a 42 jacket, and an XL in the Stark. I can't see you not needing XXL, which may be short on you

1 person likes this.
  13. peripatetisk

peripatetisk New Member

I'm 196cm, 96kg, (43-44" chest and 32" waist) so similar in build and I just recieved my navy blue stark cardigan in XL which seems a good fit for me. Somewhat tight in chest and not too roomy elsewhere so as too taper somewhat (at least as much as can be expected for an off the rack cardigan). Depdending on your preference, I'd say XL most likely would be a good fit even for you. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  14. bbconair

bbconair Well-Known Member

likely no, but does SNS ever make their stuff in non-wool? it's a bit hot where i live and cotton would be much preferable. obviously cotton won't be as warm, or fit their culture, but just wondering

15. aiur

aiur Member

I had a cotton SNS sweater a while back. Not sure if it was 100% cotton though.