1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. getsituated

getsituated Active Member

Hey guys, I'm looking at a fisherman crew neck. I'm about 5'7" with a 36" chest and 16.5" shoulders. Would a small or extra small do it for me? Thanks in advance!

2. TheObserver

TheObserver Well-Known Member

Medium. Although torso length might be a bit long on you. Small is ok if you are into really tight fit.

3. Cark

Cark Well-Known Member

If I wore a medium in the old stark what size should I get for the current stark?

4. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

Large, if things haven't changed again with the fit.

5. Cark

Cark Well-Known Member

Where is the best place/price to get a stark (in a non-black like navy) this late into the season? i am located in canada and can buy the sweater anywhere in the world that can ship to here.

6. RuleOfRescue

RuleOfRescue Well-Known Member

What size are you looking for? @Cark I know someone who is selling a pristine one in Navy...*ahem*

7. Cark

Cark Well-Known Member

I probably will need a large in this new sizing. Won't be sure until I try it on in a store to test fit.

but I would prefer a new one if possible (I never bought a 2nd hand sweater before, how would that work?), if anyone has suggestions on where to look, I would appreciate the help. thanks

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  8. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Some good Starks in (old fit) L in B&S if people are looking...

Also, if anyone sees (or has) the Version crew in size L in any color besides black, let me know. I'd like to pick up another one. My fave cut ever for a basic wool crew.

9. Cark

Cark Well-Known Member

bump, still looking. or is this the wrong place to ask this question? thx

10. circumspice

circumspice Well-Known Member

East Dane?
    Is Frans Boone stocking them still?

11. MaiLam

MaiLam Well-Known Member

12. jet

jet Well-Known Member

They doin any shawl pullovers or nah?

13. Cark

Cark Well-Known Member

14. Cark

Cark Well-Known Member

15. MaiLam

MaiLam Well-Known Member

I thought you weren't after black?

16. RuleOfRescue

RuleOfRescue Well-Known Member

@Cark did you'd try on a store fit? For reference what blazer size are you?

17. jeep364

jeep364 Active Member

I need some help with fit as well. Picked up a stark cardigan in a black fleck type pattern (basically a gray-black) recently but I need to put it on grailed / sf to sell. I am 5'5" with a shorter torso, 36.5" chest, 32ish sleeve, and 28" true waist. The sweater is amazing, not itchy, very heavy, but unfortunately it is too long in the Small size. Some websites have the length for the small anywhere from 25.5-26" below the collar, but I think since it is a heavier sweater without a super tight v at the seat it hangs too far for me. The sweater fits great everywhere else over an ocbd. If I go down I am sure I will be fine in the chest because the wool has enough give to take it without looking ridiculous IMO.

I wear a 32R (that's basically a 36S I guess) Suitsupply and all my shirts are custom from Ratio clothing because it is impossible for me to find shirts that fit in the chest, waist, sleeves and cuffs at the same time...

Does anyone know if I can get an XS anywhere? They seem like they don't make this size/style at all anymore. Do they have XS in any of their other 'heavier' sweaters?

If anyone is still looking for a S Stark at a fair price, let me know - I'm willing to shoot it out for $160 shipped CONUS. Just trying to get some money back - Anyone have input on what I should be asking?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  18. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

Got the single in purple melange. Contemplating selling but we'll see.

19. 13k

13k Well-Known Member

Hit me up if you decide (M? L?)

20. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

Just read through a few dozen pages trying to find out about this "new fit" Stark. I've got an old sea blue one in size medium from several years ago and am looking to pickup a new one in dark navy. As far as I can tell the differences are:

1) Merino blend, and merino on the inside collar
    2) Shorter body (by how many inches, anyone know?)
    3) Sleeves the same length but much slimmer
    4) Same gauge / weight knit (website says 5 gauge, I could've sworn the older one was heavier?)
    5) Shorter collar height (?)

So is it recommended to go up one size from the previous fit to get something similar, or will it still be much shorter?

1 person likes this.