1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

I don't own but I think it's killer. I've only seen it black and navy. Would be great in a mix colorway.

If you size it like @nicelynice did on his Fisherman roll neck, I think it's a great fit. Seems like pairing w/ denim is no brainer. Maybe slouchier casual pants?

2. superego

superego Well-Known Member

^^think I like it more in theory than reality--turtlenecks are tough to style/pull off

3. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

yeah, this may well be true. On the right person, though, they can look really strong.

4. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Got my reference in today, pretty damn heavy but sleeves are too slim with the lining, up to B&S tomorrow

edit: length is quite nice though much longer than current knits and like old starks

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  5. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

What size?

6. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

Stopped into RG this afternoon and looked over the sns, which honestly wasn't their best buy but w/e I pretty much just wanted to check out the ion.

Yeah so Fok wasn't kidding about the shoulders. You definitely don't want to size up. It basically looks like shit oversized and doesn't have any drape at all. Anyway I ended up taking a medium, which I guess is a little weird since the only medium sns I own is an old fit stark. It's not as cropped as you might think, actually pretty standard. The sleeves are nice and long too. The oxblood isn't bad either, from a distance the brown or whatever they threw in there gives it a little more character than if they'd just gone with the one color.

Another thing that was surprising is that the wool felt like it had been processed somehow, like it wasn't that 'new pure wool' you're used to with sns. It was all soft and cuddly which was kind of a let down. Anyway might see about landing one on sale otherwise forget paying close to four bills for it

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  7. superego

so, ion size ~ old stark size then?

and yeah, ~450 USD for an ion at RG is fucking bonkers

8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Triple Gray Fisherman in L is waaay too slim. Such a beautiful knit too. This has to be one of the best textures ive ever felt/seen on a piece of clothing.

Who wants to trade me an XL? [​IMG]

9. einstine

Dude, you should of never went with an large and you should of known that. :satisfied:

10. dotcomzzz

I wouldn't say that necessarily it's just cut differently. Has a lot of room in the bust and then trims down near the waist.

11. Beav

Beav Well-Known Member

Hi all - I'm looking for some sizing advice on this sweater - the fisherman waffle knit.

I know Mr. Porter has included sizing info, but just wanted to get some other opinions. I wear a 38 jacket, my chest measurement ranges between 37.5 and 38. I understand that some find that this fits quite slim... so what size would work do you think? I'm not sure if a medium or a large would be more appropriate.

In terms of fits that I prefer, I don't like a really trim fitting knit. But don't want anything that fits like a tent either.

Any advice would be appreciated!

12. einstine

13. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

what size is it? I might be interested

14. mothball

mothball Well-Known Member

I would recommend a medium, Beav. I wear a large with a 41" chest.

15. Beav

Beav Well-Known Member

nice, thanks for the advice on that.

16. superego

sounds like it's made for me then...I'm quite busty with a trim waist :embar:

if only I could find one sub-$300

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

did you not see the link I posted from the uk mr porter sale just moments after your comment expressing your interest in the ion, available in l and xl? its an amazing cardigan and feels like vagina to the touch. in fact id be writing this post completly naked if it wasnt for the ion. fits tts unless you have a 3 arms in which case you might want to size up. you would have enjoyed it, especially for sub $250 shipped. boy is it amazing. i dont want anything else not even sex or chicken wings this thing is awesome. you know thats better than oxblood knit is an oxblood knit with nice big, warm pockets to put all your shit in. ion no have pockets but it does has plenty of ribbing for maximum pleasure and increased longevity. the same weaved fabric used to create a tight v around your neck is repurposed across the shoulders. cant help but touch yourself all over. and the cardigan

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    3 people like this.
  18. superego

I did, redirected to the US site which has been sold out for weeks. and the uk site didn't show any sns ions when navigating directly. you got it for 250 shipped from mrp uk?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  19. dotcomzzz

^^ jesus lololol

you make a convincing argument may have to bite on the navy one

20. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

Went to the weird photo joint in the Asian mall, $7 this awful picture happened:

[​IMG]

Crewneck in triple grey on me, Stark on her

13 people like this.