1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

SNS newb here. I started reading the thread from the beginning and was convinced I took a medium in the Stark. Then I jumped to the end of the thread and learned that the fit of the Stark had changed radically. Do I need to upsize to a large for the new Stark or even an extra-large? I am 5'10" and 170-175 lbs. My chest size is 39"-39.5". I am a true 39R or a slim 40R (take a 38R in makes that run large). Many thanks for your advice.

2. tropics

tropics Well-Known Member

i'm in the same ball park as you and i went for L in this years stark. it's fairly fitted at the moment, wouldn't complain if it loosens a little. i'd be interested to see how an XL fits me.

3. hangten

hangten Well-Known Member

We,re pretty much the same. Check out my pic earlier in the thread to see how a medium fits.

4. nmoore82

nmoore82 Well-Known Member

Received a Stark cardigan in medium today - navy mix colour. At first I was dreading that it would be way too small judging by some of the comments on this thread (e.g. Normal medium wearers having to size up one or two for a decent fit in the body but resulting in being too long) But have found this to be a decent fit. I'm about 6', 32" waist and normally go for tops that are a 38-40" chest. Hopefully pics have come out ok (trying to take a selfie with an iPad was a task!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

It looks ok, I might recommend a Large though.

6. nmoore82

Appreciate the feedback - thanks! I was debating maybe I should have gone for a large in case I ever wanted to layer up and go out for the day with this as the outer layer. However, having worn my new stark for a couple of hours casually around the house with a T-shirt underneath, I'm pleased with the fit of the medium so far.

7. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

The only acceptable picture to even judge is the first picture and it looks extremely tight. I would return and size up while you still can.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Well-Known Member

How does this fit guys? It's size L in the new fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  9. tropics

tropics Well-Known Member

+1

looks about right to me. what do you think?

10. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

That first photo has a Ron Burgandy appeal to it, in a good way.

I like the fit. Sleeves are too long? I don't like them rolled up like that, but maybe that's just me.

11. BostonHedonist

Feels pretty much perfect. Not a fan of having to roll the sleeves, but that's just about every sweater for me. There's a tad more fabric in the upper chest than I'd want, but I always need to remind myself that sweaters should be a bit loose. I get the feeling a medium would be flattering, but a skin tight sweater isn't what you want.

12. BostonHedonist

Can I ask your chest size? I'm about a 40.

13. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Well-Known Member

To add to the confusion, I have a large in this year's stark. It fits comfortably, maybe a tad large. I have a 36 chest, normally xs or s =D. I feel that in general, these sweaters can fit a variety of bodies. It's very stretchable and will accommodate over time.

14. nmoore82

Yes. Can certainly see what you're saying with the first picture making it look tight. Bad photography skills holding my arms up to take a picture and causing the sides to ride up. When relaxed in a normal position, it is a little looser - but still snug nonetheless.
    I'll see if I can sample a large and have a verdict then. Thanks all for the comments

15. nmoore82

I'm about a 39. For me, the stark is snug but it isn't tight at all (it isn't stretching when I wear it). But if you wanted to layer with anything more than a cotton T-shirt or shirt underneath i would recommend considering to size up to a large.

16. Tenance

Tenance Active Member

I disagree that it's "extremely tight" or that the first pic is the only one that can be judged. In the third pic there is clearly room around your midsection. It might stretch out in areas where you have less room, but with a 32" waist, i doubt the midsection will stretch, or even needs to. But if tightness is an issue in the parts visible in that first photo, maybe you could loan it for a while to a friend who has a pot belly and wider hips.

17. onehotchili

onehotchili Well-Known Member

hmmm.... i also jumped in a Stark over the last few cyber sales days. I am a 5'9", 36"-37" chest, 145lbs (i am a runner)... ordered a Medium. hopefully it should work, but it definitely sounds like folks are all across the size chart with these.

18. Isachenko

Isachenko Well-Known Member

Medium will be perfect for you.

19. onehotchili

onehotchili Well-Known Member

sweet.... looking forward to it.... especially since we got our first really ugly storm of the season here in Tahoe.

20. nmoore82

Yeah - was taking pictures with my arms raised. Hence making it look really tight in the picture.

If you have a larger waist, you can probably get away with the ribbed waist being more fitted. I thought this was a functional feature of a fisherman sweater to limit the whole thing riding up when workers would be pulling down ropes on the boat (same with the ribbed cuffs)?