1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

5'8/size M

2. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Dang, I have a M in purple coming from the End sale but probably not gonna fit then. :(

Actually, looks a little bunched in the middle there so maybe it's longer than it looks.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  3. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Well-Known Member

I actually like the new style Stark and was thinking about offering up my my medium old style in maroon for a new style version in in either maroon or some other color. After seeing the fit pics, I dont think I can swing the new version at 6'1" 185.

4. K. Nights

K. Nights Well-Known Member

Stark sizing is just frustrating. I have a medium in the old fit and it's almost too tight in the chest but swallows me in length. I'm 6'2" 168 lbs so I usually have the opposite problem.

5. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

You could probably do a large. I'm roughly the same height, perhaps a half inch shorter, and large length is bordering on perfect to just too short. I'm a 39 chest though right now and it's a bit looser in the top than ideal, but passable.

6. Axelman 17

Great input thanks. If anyone wants to trade a large new style for a medium maroon old style, let me know. I will move this over to classifieds but figured it was worth mentioning in this thread as well.

My biggest issue with the length of the old style was figuring out what jacket to wear over it. Most of my casual jackets are fairly short and my dressier overcoats look out of place with the Stark.

7. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

Fisherman full zip or stark? Found both for 40% off.

8. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

I like the fang and portal jacket zips better than the fisherman. Go for the stark if you like the color.

9. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Fisherman zip is fine IMO--it's a riri--just not as beefy as those others.

Biggest factor for me is the Fisherman has a true rollneck vs the Stark's high collar.
    Everything else being equal, that and the placement of the Fishermans shoulder seam are the biggest visual comparisons in my view.

10. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

By zip I meant the model not the actual zipper. The portal jacket is really understated and cool. The fang is badass, even the name. The fisherman I just don't think looks quite as good, although I've never seen one in person. I prefer the fisherman crewneck without the zip. Just my opinion though.

11. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Anybody have a SNS scarf? Can I assume they are soft and full of awesome?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  12. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Well-Known Member

6' 2'', 190 pounds, fairly "athletic" build. (By "athletic" I mean I go to the gym 2-3x a week, not Somalia starving like some people here use the word.) Wear a L in most slim fit shirts, M in regular fit ones. Thinking about copping a Large olde green Stark by mid-January's time for around ~$250 - $300 shipped. Possible? Any comments on the fit I chose or places that might be selling the Stark at such a price?

13. Stewbone

Stewbone Well-Known Member

I think the fits good. Same as how my stark fits.

14. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

anyone know where to pick up a Stark sweater (not the cardigan) in navy/triple blue size S on sale? pls pm me if u do

15. Stewbone

Stewbone Well-Known Member

Rumor has it TRÈS BIEN will be adding its sns stock to the sale list Jan 2nd. So keep an eye out.

1 person likes this.
  16. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

That's not a rumor

17. msg

msg Well-Known Member

I'm 6, 160 and athletic, although more triathlete than bulking bro; typically, I'm a medium in TTS brands. The new stark in a large fit me correctly (I tried a medium and it was too small)- at 2 inches taller than me, the length should be fine on a large. But, the extra 30lbs you've got makes me wonder whether you'd be an XL? There's a fit pic of the large on me several pages back.

18. Axelman 17

I posted pics of my M old style stark somewhere in the annals of this thread. I am 6'1" 180 and it fits great. If you are okay with a fairly slim fit, I think you swing it. If you want to play it safe then an L.

19. click here

click here Well-Known Member

I found a site that sells the SNS Herning (the newer version) for around $210 shipped. But they only have size small. Now I am usually between sizes small and medium in most of the clothes I wear. I do prefer a fitted look and was hoping the knit will stretch. Do you think this will work out?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  20. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

It depends on your height. The stark has a big margin for error in the width (it stretches and drapes) but has a sweet spot in length. I would never advise sizing down on the new model, but that's because I think the stark looks best long and comfy, rather than short and slim. It depends on how you want it to look.