• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have my stark in XL 6'1 185lbs 42" chest 34" waist
I would not go smaller SNS is SUPER tight

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jeez, you guys were quick to kop NeedSupply's buy, no more Apex knits :butbut:
whoever grabbed the small, how's the fit?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have my stark in XL 6'1 185lbs 42" chest 34" waist 
I would not go smaller SNS is SUPER tight

?!?!?!

Goodness. We have people of the same size sizing anywhere from M-XL.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How soft is the SNS Herning's merino wool? I have two sweaters in merino wool too, and they get itchy after a couple of washes.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So mr porter model has a 38" chest and is wearing a medium here are the actual measurements remember is a knit so it stretches the XL has a 38.5" chest the M has a 34" chest theres no ******* way that guy who has the same chest but weighs 35lbs more than me can fit into a size M.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ My size M stark measures approx 21" in the chest. I'm a 42 and it fits fine. Depends on how loose/slouchy you want it I guess.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How soft is the SNS Herning's merino wool? I have two sweaters in merino wool too, and they get itchy after a couple of washes. 

Soft and S.N.S are NOT synonymous. SNS is itchy as ****. There sweaters are, not sure what the Stark feels like.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Soft and S.N.S are NOT synonymous. SNS is itchy as ****. There sweaters are, not sure what the Stark feels like.

Uh what... which SNS sweaters do you have? I've got the naval, fisherman, and stark and have tried on the version, modulo, and one other that I can't think of the name of right now and none of them were itchy. SNS sweaters aren't super soft (they aren't supposed to be), but they usually aren't itchy either. Maybe your skin is just more sensitive to wool?

Last edited:

Cacatfish

Reaction score
I'm not sure which SNS sweaters are merino or not but my amalgam is not very itchy. It's not cashmere soft but I always throw it on first thing in the morning with nothing underneath so it isn't that bad.
Sizing is pretty flexible. At a 41 chest 34 waist I could wear anything from small to large. Medium fits great.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having owned and measured more starks (2 mediums, 2 larges) than any sane person should, I thought I'd add my measurements which should be more consistent than comparing those made by different people. I think they show that no two starks are exactly the same and that return policies (or being prepared to sell) are advised with these. Fwiw, I'm 6'2 175, 42-43 chest and have found stark nirvana with my medium black melange, the fit is slim but not tight at all. My green in medium was too tight in the shoulders, which the measurements confirm. I would pay close attention to the shoulder measurements with these and go with the smallest size that can accommodate them, because they will stretch in the chest and the body and sleeve lengths are almost always ample

Large Black Melange:
Shoulder: 18.75
Pit: 20.5
Length: 28.5
Sleeve: 28

Large Burgundy:
Shoulder: 18
Pit: 20.5
Length: 27
Sleeve: 27

Medium Black Melange:
Shoulder: 17.75
Pit: 20
Length: 27
Sleeve: 27

Medium Olde Green:
Shoulder: 17.25
Pit: 20
Length: 26
Sleeve: 25.5

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ok that's enough about sizing.

Simion505

Reaction score
The port sweater I have is labelled as pure new wool, though TBS said merino. It's not itchy in the slightest and is relatively soft.

Can you get virgin merino wool? That'd just be merino that wasn't recycled right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads