1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Snowboarding Gear Dilemma

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by specialblend, Oct 19, 2008.

1. aging in rhythm

aging in rhythm Well-Known Member

I've seen some Holden in discount retailers (T.J. Maxx, Marshall's) for pretty reasonable prices. Right now I wear an Orage Masters jacket that I've been really happy with. Yes, they're a ski company, but they are obviously inspired by snowboarding steez.

2. unjung

unjung Well-Known Member

Since this thread has been resurrected, I want in.

First off, yeah, not the place I'd ask for style advice for riding. As we all know, the trend now is to be bright and ridiculous, and it works fine for the hill. Better to blend in. Where I ride (eastern BC, Alberta), most younger riders are in bright stuff, not just the super-good riders and the posers.

Second, I don't wear my pants below my butt, but I do wear fairly baggy. Why? Layering, obviously. It was -30 C last Saturday at Lake Louise, -38 C on the peak in the early morning. And I didn't feel the cold all day.

3. Aries_

Aries_ New Member

686! they make some nice threads.

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

My jacket is 686 (and it somehow got ripped this past weekend, sucks) but the construction wasn't very noteworthy, frayed seams all over the place. Luckily I just wear my instructor's uniform now (OR gore-tex jacket/pants) so I don't need to shell out for a replacement

5. rents

rents Active Member

IMO the holden super trim look is kind of, ummm, last year. Plus I think it looks pretty dumb having trim pants that have to flare out to go over your boots.

6. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Well-Known Member

hello all..

sorry to revive an old thread. having left vancouver for london a decade ago, i only go snowboarding once or twice a year now. so, while i've gotten quite into bespoke clothing and clothing in general, i am totally out of the know in terms of good quality snowboard gear. my snowboarding pants and jacket are about 15 years old. i would like to replace them with something that is good quality (keeps me dry in vancouver/pacific northwests wet conditions), looks good (nothing with tons of logos blasted everywhere, just somethign simple)...

any suggestions for brands? which are the best brands out there for this type of gear? i remember buying a Burton jacket about 18 years ago, but it lasted less than a season before a huge rip in the seam appeared without any provocation or misuse..Burton only offered to fix it and i remember being a kid without my snowboard jacket for weeks while they fixed it. anyways so i'm still scarred from the Burton experience - other brands welcome! i can purchase in vancouver or washington state

thanks a lot