1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Slim shirt fit: How tight is too tight? BoO

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sean2slow, Apr 3, 2008.

1. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

What's the verdict on this? Ignore the AIDS cheeks, I'm just sucking on some boba.
    Combined with the pink... amjack fit.

2. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

^^^ I will take "amjack" over "hipster" any day
    I agree. Also, if we saw the way the shirt meets the pants and the cut of the pants it would probably tell us that the proportions are off (unless, of course, the jeans are equally skin-tight). Still, I'd take a tight shirt over a very loose shirt any day...
    Jeans are pretty tight (101z), I'm probably going to throw them away since they're too tight to be worn usefully (cell phone and *very* slim wallet are too visible. I think I'm giving up on denim that slim.

3. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

^^^ I will take "amjack" over "hipster" any day

I dont' know about that. At least hipsters can grow up to get over themselves. AmJacks just get fatter and older until they hit their midlife crisis, then try to dress "young" again, with disastrous results.

Tragically hip > just plain tragic.

Fortunately, neither one is necessary. There is no spoon, Eason.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

AmJacks just get fatter and older until they hit their midlife crisis, then try to dress "young" again, with disastrous results.

But they pull mad bitches up until that point, bro.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know what a hipster fit BoO shirt would look like. I wasn't aware that was on the table here.

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

How did the term hipster come into the discussio when we're talking about band of outsiders? The shirt looks way too tight, eason. It always looks way too try-hard when i see the muscle guys wearing overly tight tshirts/buttonups to show off. You can find button ups that make you looks slim/muscular with a bit of drape to it. PG2G's latest mmm shirt in waywt fit as well as a button up ever could IMO (i didn't realize it but that's a lot of acronyms last sentence).

constant struggle- what size did you go with? It seems you'd probably get away with a medium but i can never tell people's sizes when they're shorter/taller than me.

7. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

How did the term hipster come into the discussio when we're talking about band of outsiders? The shirt looks way too tight, eason. It always looks way too try-hard when i see the muscle guys wearing overly tight tshirts/buttonups to show off. You can find button ups that make you looks slim/muscular with a bit of drape to it. PG2G's latest mmm shirt in waywt fit as well as a button up ever could IMO (i didn't realize it but that's a lot of acronyms last sentence).

constant struggle- what size did you go with? It seems you'd probably get away with a medium but i can never tell people's sizes when they're shorter/taller than me.

i went with a medium... should fit perfect I hope, i feel if for some reason i need a large its not going to be the fit i want

8. Dedalus

Dedalus Well-Known Member

i went with a medium... should fit perfect I hope, i feel if for some reason i need a large its not going to be the fit i want

I don't know, "medium" sounds like a suspiciously hipster fit to me.

9. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

Thanks chrono, I'm actually a huge fan of the fit of that shirt and was thinking about using its measurements for some custom orders. Have you checked MMM out? It feels like its long enough to tuck, but short enough to untuck, and not overly tight or loose. Next on my list to try out is Jil (if I can find it on sale or on yoxx, haha).

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

I'd like to try out some MMM. What line is it as i know there are a bunch? The only thing is, i'm no where near a place i could try them on, and they don't pop up at a decent price here or supermarket. I tried a Jil shirt on over the winter break and it was ok, albeit a bit loose. It was a 38 and i think i could've done a 36, but it fit pretty nice. What's the pit to pit and size of the one you have?

11. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

I'll measure it this weekend. Its a line 10, size 3. Picked it up on yoox for around $180.

12. modagg

modagg Well-Known Member

What's the verdict on this? Ignore the AIDS cheeks, I'm just sucking on some boba.

[​IMG]

I like it; no homo

13. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Cam'ron in the house, gonna cock back the hammer no homo

14. datasupa

datasupa Well-Known Member

What's the verdict on this?

I like it

what better evidence do you need. burn it asap.

15. Lel

Lel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Is that the Oregon Zoo?

16. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I think Eason was trying to tell us he's open for new experiences. I mean, cmon, he's using a straw.

17. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

18. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Is that the Oregon Zoo?
    Affirmative, Ghostrider. edit: fyi since this thread is apparently about me now, I'm going to pimp my 101z's which I guess I will sell instead of let collect dust. http://styleforum.net/showthread.php...811#post981811

19. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Thanks chrono, I'm actually a huge fan of the fit of that shirt and was thinking about using its measurements for some custom orders. Have you checked MMM out? It feels like its long enough to tuck, but short enough to untuck, and not overly tight or loose. Next on my list to try out is Jil (if I can find it on sale or on yoxx, haha).

Just get ready for the BB madhouse in the fall if you want cheap MMM. They almost always have the full size line on sale bc its so expensive at retail.

20. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member