1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Slim or Baggy fit

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by lcordaro, May 7, 2006.

1. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

"Most girls" prefer fitted to baggy on a man. But not the "stuffed sausage" look.

2. lcordaro

lcordaro Active Member

For a slim guy, I don't think the baggy look works. You can't wear a slim fitted shirt with a pair of baggy pants. I don't wear tight fitted jeans. I should be OK with the slim looking pants.

3. whoopee

whoopee Well-Known Member

You can't wear a slim fitted shirt with a pair of baggy pants.
    Disagree. This (shallow) study in contrast can be a very good look. It's the reverse that is harder to pull off.

4. visionology

visionology Well-Known Member

I'd say on a scale of 1-10 im a 6 or 7 in bagginess. I think slim fitting jeans just look silly on me and although I wear a semi-low rise in some of my jeans I can not fit into pure low rise. I don't have super huge legs and Im a medium build but I really just can't fit into even semi slim jeans as I noted with the ES Hemingway. That said I don't like big sloppy looking jeans either. Something that fits well all around while giving me room to breathe and my penis to breathe.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Disagree. This (shallow) study in contrast can be a very good look. It's the reverse that is harder to pull off.

The reverse I call the German businessman silhouette. Baggy shirt and jacket with tight, short black jeans and clunky shoes. Add stolid expression. There you go.

6. Garage/Surf Rock

Garage/Surf Rock Well-Known Member

Straight fit to baggy.

Tight jeans are out of the question. They hurt my balls and most girls don't like them.

I don't think most girls dislike tight pants. I think most girls prefer slim pants on guys, but we could be referring to totally different groups of girls. Kinda like, hip-hop vs. rock crowd.

7. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Well-Known Member

I don't think most girls dislike tight pants. I think most girls prefer slim pants on guys, but we could be referring to totally different groups of girls. Kinda like, hip-hop vs. rock crowd.

have love, will travel

in my experience most girls like guys who wear "guy jeans" i.e. relaxed to loose.

in my experience most girls are lame.

women on the other hand...

btw i wear my jeans somewhere in the 2-4 range. pretty snug.

8. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

I wear jeans on a 2-5 scale, although I always have one or two baggy jeans for lounging around, but nothing more than a 7 though.

9. PreppyBoy

PreppyBoy Well-Known Member

I agree.

If your cup of tea is more towards Hip Hop women, you'll have a greater chance striking out with slim jeans versus a baggy cut.

My screen name speaks for itself. So, it's slim to relaxed cut. It offers a clean cut neat appearance, which is my cup of tea. It also attracts the type of women I like, and, turns away the type I don't. [​IMG]

10. someoneNew

someoneNew Well-Known Member

I think any girl that lived through the 80s will not really like slim/tight pants on guys because it'll remind them of the tapered/pegged pants that we used to wear. At least that is what I've heard my wife (30) and a few of her friends say. Plus, who really wants to see your brautwurst!?

Young HS chicks probably are clueless about that and have a totally different opinion, guess it depends on who you're trying to pick up.

For me I'm trying to get out of my baggy clothing phase and into more fitted clothing. Not slim, but if I have to use this poll it'd be around 3-6.

I love the fitted shirt on looser pants look, but would be frightened of copying Whitesnake if I did a loose shirt over tight pants.

11. PreppyBoy

PreppyBoy Well-Known Member

I think many of us, have our own termination on cuts. Here's mine.

Slim = Levis 559 (Straight from top to bottom, no tapered leg)

[​IMG]

Relaxed = Levis 569 (More roomier yet, not big as a Carpenter. Boot cut)

[​IMG]

Anything slimer than the 559, and bigger than the 569, is not my cup of tea.

12. Kid609

Kid609 Well-Known Member

I like regular fitting jeans.

If you're gonna err in one direction, err baggy instead of tight.

tight jeans on guys is just wrong. They put undue pressure on your twig and berries. And unless you're Bowie, chicks don't dig that.

These days, it's better to wear your pants like Usher than David Lee Roth.

13. minya

minya Well-Known Member

tight jeans on guys is just wrong. They put undue pressure on your twig and berries. And unless you're Bowie, chicks don't dig that.
    Man, yeah, it's just WRONG. GOD, anyone who'd wear tight jeans is a FAG. Personally I wear Abercrombie & Fitch jeans, flip-flops, and shirts that have ironic faux-vintage statements on them because that is what chicks dig.

14. Kid609

Kid609 Well-Known Member

Man, yeah, it's just WRONG. GOD, anyone who'd wear tight jeans is a FAG. Personally I wear Abercrombie & Fitch jeans, flip-flops, and shirts that have ironic faux-vintage statements on them because that is what chicks dig.
    haha. You wear flip flops with jeans. That's probably even worse than ball-bruisers.

15. sygyzy

sygyzy Well-Known Member

This might sound like an odd question, but how are you guys choosing the length of your jeans? I know this is all personal preference, but what are your techniques?

For example, I think it's safe to assume most guys are not "sagging" their jeans at the waist. So you find your true waist measurement and buy the closest size up.

But what about inseam? I mean of course it depends on the cut, but how do you choose? I bought some jeans that were 32 instead of the 30 I am used to and since they were narrow at the openings, they actually bunched up ok. I was about to take them to the tailor but now I think I might keep them like this. On the flipside, I have 30" that are baggy too. And some that aren't.

Anyway, I'd like to hear some ideas.

16. BayArea

BayArea Active Member

i find it comfier to sag a little but as it rests on my hip bone, with a belt.

17. headtowall

headtowall Well-Known Member

Lengthwise, I prefer a little long, so that my ankles are still covered while I'm sitting.

18. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Well-Known Member

Please post a picture----PLEASE!!!

19. Rome

Rome Well-Known Member

I’m not sure where my taste would fall on the Brian Scale but my guess is a 7. I like jeans that don’t taper at all, most my jeans have a 19” or 20” knee that drops all the way down. I don’t think athletic legs look good in tight jeans. As for the length, I prefer about 33”, its enough that it covers my ankles when I sit and drags a little on the floor when I walk.

20. chicbicyclist

chicbicyclist Active Member

I wear them slim(to the point of wearing girl's pants, but I'm skinny so they are not ultra tight) to baggy, but not quite hip-hop baggy. Depends on my mood and rotation.