1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Slim fitting chinos / pants

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AR_Six, Apr 9, 2008.

1. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

I'm looking into chinos and other casual pants with a slimming cut to them. There's a big thread in MC about where to go for slim fit dress shirts, anyone have similar suggestions for pants?

2. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

Get a pair with details you like and get them tailored. Chinos, even slim fit chinos, generally aren't slim enough for me but I make do with a pair I got for work. They are RRL and I've recently taken to rolling them which also makes them look a good deal slimmer. The details on them are great. Unfortunately I bumped into something in the warehouse at work and got a chemical on them that took some of the color out. It's not extremely noticable but it still hurt a little.

Here's a picture of them:
    [​IMG]

3. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Well-Known Member

There was that godly post on WAYWT from I don't remember whom with a navy blazer, white tee with a black and white photo print, and those deep khaki pants...I imagine if the pants were hemmed they'd fit nicely.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

They look good, though an true judgment is hard to render while you're sitting down.

Tailoring... sigh. I already have to do the same with most of my shirts, so I guess it's unsurprising. Actually, that reminds me, I have to make another thread.

5. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Oh no da bandana!! Also, I can't recall if this was the first pair or second pair I got. I had to return them the first time. These might be the second pair when they first came as they were very wrinkled off the rack but most of that has fallen out. They haven't been washed.

6. greg_atlanta

greg_atlanta Well-Known Member

7. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

^I'll go Gap (or more likely BR) if I have to and tailor from that, but I'd prefer some quality and might be more likely to start with RLPL / Polo or something if I have to get them slimmed. Hopefully warlok1965 won't mind me stealing his waywt pic for a demonstration of the kind of fit I'm looking for: [​IMG]

8. alliswell

alliswell Well-Known Member

J. Crew classic cut for spring/summer are skinny and cheap.

9. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Well-Known Member

Yeah for that fit you don't even need to go to a high end store to get something that slim. Jcrew has everything you are looking for. I have some regulars that look about like that. And if you get their slim fit or classic you will be even better off. Plus they are always really cheap on their website.

10. Say

Say Well-Known Member

oni killer chino. saw them on sufu once and thought they were awesome. blueingreen used to stock em too.

11. bsyde82

bsyde82 Well-Known Member

shipley and halmos make excellent slim chinos...slimmest i've tried on to date. too bad they cost $195

but if you don't care about value/bang for your buck, i'd say these are the best ones out there in terms of fit and overall look

also, steven alan makes these work chino-esque pants called "layman pants" - excellent slim fit as well, but definitely more cas than your avg chino because of the triple needle stiching on the side

12. stickonatree

stickonatree Well-Known Member

j.crew's vintage cut is their "slim" model. they're not super slim but easily tailor-able if you want them slimmer.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

j.crew's vintage cut is their "slim" model. they're not super slim but easily tailor-able if you want them slimmer.
    Looking at their website, I assume you mean the classic fit? It looks like the slimmest one there. Edit: Steven Alan website has layman cords in my size for 50 bucks. Solid enough deal, then I go to international checkout and shipping to Canada is 70 DOLLARS. Excuse me?

14. mulansauce

mulansauce Well-Known Member

15. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Awesome. Thanks. I don't think I can easily get Uniqlo from here in Vantown but the RLs look like pretty much what I'm after.

16. mulansauce

mulansauce Well-Known Member

I might be traveling to NY soon to get a pair, in which case I can pick you up something--although that won't be for another month or so when school is out. I've heard rumors that you can order via phone, but whenever I call I get an answering service. Has anyone here actually ordered Uniqlo products by phone? If so, how much was shipping?

17. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Well-Known Member

Definite +1 on that phone order question. Oh and to ^^^ thanks for that link to the twill 511. Perfect.

18. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

I might be traveling to NY soon to get a pair, in which case I can pick you up something--although that won't be for another month or so when school is out. I've heard rumors that you can order via phone, but whenever I call I get an answering service. Has anyone here actually ordered Uniqlo products by phone? If so, how much was shipping?
    shipping was real cheap id ont remember

19. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Well-Known Member

Will they ship outside of NY but still CONUS?

20. feynmix

feynmix Well-Known Member

good luck finding them at uniqlo. As far as i know, they are all taken up a few days after they are put on display in the store. although I don't have the ones posted above, I have another vintage fit chino which is actually a really nice slim fit. I will see if I can get a picture up at some point.