1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Slim Fit Navy Pinstripe Trousers - Advice

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Please Help Me, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Please Help Me

Please Help Me Member

I live in London and am looking to purchase a couple of pairs of navy pinstripe trousers in a slim fit.

Does anyone know of any shops I could check out which would sell them? I do not want to spend a great deal of money on them and do not require a full suit due to the dress code at work being quite casual.

Thanks for your help.

2. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

Pinstripes in general should not be worn on odd jackets or odd trousers, only suits. They're a suiting fabric and should be treated as such. If you must for some reason buy pinstripe trousers, how much is "a great deal of money" to you? Tough to make recommendations without knowing this.

3. HughJ

HughJ Well-Known Member

+1. This is why you are having difficulty finding them.

4. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

I agree with archibaldleach. Pinstripe odd pants are bad enough, but navy makes it worse. We are doing you a favor by saving you money.

If you are looking for odd trousers, mid-gray or brown are nice.

5. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Well-Known Member

Banana Republic currently has a tailored slim fit non-iron pinstripe pants. I have bought the "navy" color, and it looks, fits, and feels nice, but it's more of a dark gray-navy.

6. Please Help Me

Please Help Me Member

Thanks for the replies everyone.

That would explain why I was having such difficulty in finding them. Not many people wear suits at work so will stick to plain navy for now.