• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RB, you ever find any wool trousers that fit you well off the rack? I tend to wear fits similar to your WAYWTs

I actually don't own any wool trousers, other than my suit trousers that I took to the tailor. Try +J, I'm looking at a pair now with a 7" hem which is perfect

Wool trousers are usually cut wider, look at W+H's wool blend or find a competent tailor...

Samir

Reaction score
All are very good slim (but not skinny) cut pants. I've handled Unis before (and tried it on), but wasn't insanely impressed. Maybe at 50% off. W+H are great, posted a # of fits with them, get lots of wear. No experience with Epaulet, but people seem to love them. Closer to a traditional cut than the other brands
What separated the Unis and W+H for you? They seem to be in similar price ranges, so I'm curious how construction, materials, etc. might differ. I unfortunately can't try these on in person anywhere close to where I live to see for myself.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What separated the Unis and W+H for you? They seem to be in similar price ranges, so I'm curious how construction, materials, etc. might differ. I unfortunately can't try these on in person anywhere close to where I live to see for myself.

Well the classic Gios aren't particularly slim at all, and the fabric isn't as nice as the W+H westpoints (IMO), although both appear to be hard wearing. I like the subtle sheen of W+H westpoints, and they're cut slimmer than the Gios (have no idea about the skinny Gios though)

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skinny gios arent really that skinny size 28 has a 7.2 leg opening.

afixedpoint

Crossfit
Reaction score

I actually don't own any wool trousers, other than my suit trousers that I took to the tailor. Try +J, I'm looking at a pair now with a 7" hem which is perfect
Wool trousers are usually cut wider, look at W+H's wool blend or find a competent tailor...

I have a pair of the +J flannels and they are perfect fit wise, actually own the W+H wool blend as well

not too many other options it seems

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of the +J flannels and they are perfect fit wise, actually own the W+H wool blend as well
not too many other options it seems

Weird. I'd say buy a fabric and color that you like and just take it to a tailor who will actually listen to you

chiggah

Reaction score
anyone have a sz 30 wings + horns westpoint chino fit pic from the side, front and possibly back ?

Want to see how they fit and how slim they are

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone have a sz 30 wings + horns westpoint chino fit pic from the side, front and possibly back ?
Want to see how they fit and how slim they are

I have 2 size 30's if you check my prof there might be some fit pics of me wearing them in my default photos. 7" hem

chiggah

Reaction score

I have 2 size 30's if you check my prof there might be some fit pics of me wearing them in my default photos. 7" hem

Think i found you with the khaki ones, thanks. Do you have the navy one by any chance ?

By the way, if I wear APC petit standard raws in size 29-30, will the W+H westpoint sz 30 be fine for me ?

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Think i found you with the khaki ones, thanks. Do you have the navy one by any chance ?
By the way, if I wear APC petit standard raws in size 29-30, will the W+H westpoint sz 30 be fine for me ?

I have the navy ones too, there's a pic of me wearing them with a Cabourn sweater over a BD. I wear size 30 in my PS, and the size 30 WP chinos both measure to exactly 16" across. They sit at my hips

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of love for the Alphas lately. Do they have extra material in the waist to take them to a tailor? Can someone tell me the waist and leg opening on a size 30?

Also I'd like to strongly advise against Ben Sherman chinos. Own a few and I've had to resew the buttons on a million times. Not a size issue, the button on the rear pockets fell off. :plain:

Last edited:

heidegger

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a moderately dressy slim fit khaki/chino?

koor

Reaction score

Seems like a lot of love for the Alphas lately. Do they have extra material in the waist to take them to a tailor? Can someone tell me the waist and leg opening on a size 30?
Also I'd like to strongly advise against Ben Sherman chinos. Own a few and I've had to resew the buttons on a million times. Not a size issue, the button on the rear pockets fell off. :plain:

The Alphas are great. Of note.....I bought a couple pairs from dockers.com and they were great. I then saw them on sale from KOHLs online ( yes I know. The horror, shopping at KOHLs) for dirt cheap. I basically bought every color they had.

The ALPHA's from KOHLS are different! The material and construction seem to be the same, but the KOHLs fit is a bit more relaxed and the leg opening is larger (8 inches). I know most folks here like the slim fit.... I'm happy with both the Dockers and Kohls Alpha fits, but others may not like the Kohls-ized version. Just FYI ..... all Alphas are not the same.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about either of the following pants:

Garbstore

Civilian Service Chinos

J Lindeberg
Enzo Broken Worker Chinos

Good? Bad?

I bought a pair of each on Gilt, and I have another pair on the way also.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads