1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. mockalite

mockalite Well-Known Member

2. pokpok

pokpok Well-Known Member

got my alpha khakis today...fits perfect on me, slim but comfortably everywhere, small hem. TTS fit on me, went with 33x30. wayy better than the dockers wader in terms of fabric. waders were plasticky

3. Bryan_Funfetti

Bryan_Funfetti Well-Known Member

Anyone handled the Alpha corduroy yet? Wondering if the fabric is thick enough to be warm this winter.

4. uninkco

uninkco Well-Known Member

^was wondering the same thing...

5. Samir

Samir Well-Known Member

My alphas in New British Khaki and Gravel came in today. I like the fit a lot, hopefully they don't change too much after washing.

My only complaint is that the New British Khaki looks darker than I thought it would, almost as if it's a mix between the New British and Dark Pebble colors - I even Googled the tag numbers just to confirm the color, haha. I still like the color, it's just not as light a beige as I thought it'd be from the website pictures.

6. Dope Nixon

Dope Nixon Well-Known Member

The alphas are available on Urban Outfitters

7. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

too bad they never restock sizes on alphas most colors don't have 28x30.

8. Coal_Mining_Polak

Coal_Mining_Polak Well-Known Member

Ordered the Alphas TTS - they measure an inch more actual waist. Am I the only one with this experience, thinking I should size down? Great fabric but getting some excessive knee bagginess - is this just the cut? Great fabric though, absolutely kills anything sub-$100!

9. Howard Roark

Howard Roark Well-Known Member

I bought some urban slim fits today as well as the stanton pant from Banana Republic. They're very similar fit wise, but the BR ones feel a little slimmer in the upper thigh, and are smaller in the waist and shorter in length. I'm 6'1", 175 and both pants are 32x34. I'm not sure If the extra stacking looks better on the J.Crews:
    [​IMG]
    And the BRs:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  10. Alphataru

Alphataru Well-Known Member

Decided to go for IOU after reading this thread, I gotta say, they turned out to be my favorite pair of chinos this year. They're much softer and have a slimmer fit than alphas. There's also quite a bit of subtle details that's only noticeable to the wearer. Most importantly, they're extremely comfortable. I think they're the best option given the price range.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. pokpok

pokpok Well-Known Member

i can size down 1 for a slimmer fit + less knee bagginess but i like how they look with TTS sizing + theyre really comfortable all around.

wonder how much they shrink if i throw them in the dryer after a wash.

12. Samir

Samir Well-Known Member

My Alphas were TTS (29/30) and fit perfectly at the waist. Any shrinking that occurred during washing was pretty negligible, they're not any tighter.
    The inseam was a little long on one pair, but after washing, it's now right about where I want it.

13. killerb3ar

killerb3ar Well-Known Member

Approx. measurements on a pair of Alpha khakis tagged 33x32 after a wash/dry:

BIG-style:
    Waist: 34 in. (aligned)
    Front rise: 10.5 in.
    Thigh: 12.5 in.
    Inseam: 31.5 in.
    Leg opening: 7.5 in.

I normally take a tagged 33 in most denim and went TTS. Top block is a bit loose, but bottom half is nice and slim. Sizing down one would've made top block perfect, however knee/leg opening would've been too restrictive IMO. But overall, I like these alot, I'd recommend them.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  14. Peter1

Peter1 Well-Known Member

If you're looking for a heavyweight slim/straight khaki, I can recommend the new Studio D'Artisan

http://bit.ly/vDir42

I went TTS with the 32's -- they aren't tapered but the top block is pretty fitted and I'd say it's a medium-low rise. Not for those with chunky thighs.

Fit aside, the fabric is phenomenal; it's mercerized and looks to be around 11-12oz. At $185 they aren't cheap, though, but I'd guess they'll wear like iron.

Edit: Got 2 compliments from random women at work. Can't usually say that about chinos...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  15. kushburner

kushburner Well-Known Member

Does Uniqlo still make chinos? I dont see it on their site

Also does anybody know the measurement of the leg opening on Alpha and Jcrew slim chinos? I wish more clothing companies would list measurements

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  16. justchillaxing

justchillaxing Well-Known Member

i've been looking at the iou chinos. could you post some measurements?

17. swaggerjack

swaggerjack Well-Known Member

For any Canadians interested in the dockers alpha chinos, Bay stores carry them. I saw them in a 3rd tier city Bay store so I assume every store will have at least a few colors.

18. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Well-Known Member

Received my Alphas today. I gotta say they are a pretty damn good fit. Very very pleased at ~$40/pair. The lap/crotch is kinda weird but that seems to always be the case, no matter the maker. Thighs are pretty tight too as one can distinctly see the giant pocket bags. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Alphataru

Alphataru Well-Known Member

20. JosiahS

JosiahS Well-Known Member