1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. wmmk

wmmk Well-Known Member

They probably stretched somewhere between an inch and an inch and a half. I'm pretty sure that there's been a new run recently, so the fabric might have changed.

In general, I think these may be the best-fitting pants I've ever had. For whatever reason, I always seem to have better luck with chinos and cords than with jeans, fit-wise.

3. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  4. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

Just received my pair of Docker's Alpha in dark aqua or something like that. Not sure what to think of it. I quite like the fit but not sure if it like the pants enough to keep em. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  5. BoboMax

BoboMax Well-Known Member

they look good

6. killerb3ar

killerb3ar Well-Known Member

Those look good. With the promo they're having, you can bring them down to ~$36 and free shipping + return.

How'd you size them benjamin? any pictures w/ your hands out of your pocket? And are those the smokey aqua color?

7. JosiahS

JosiahS Well-Known Member

Hmm.. they look good from the back and the front but the side-view is questionable, maybe a bit too much material for my liking.

8. j0emama

j0emama Active Member

They look good to me. FYI Macy's is having a Men's Sale this weekend where you get 25% off when you spend $100.00. They have the Dockers Alpha on sale for $49.99 so if you buy a couple and get some filler to get over $100.00 you can get them for $37.50 + tax.

Sure, it might be cheaper to buy on Dockers.com but at least at Macy's you can try them on size them/see if you like them.

9. kevc

kevc Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Anyone have any experience with these? J.Crew Stanton pant in 484 slim fit.

10. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Well-Known Member

11. JosiahS

K, so i went to a macys, tried on the alpha and wasn't impressed. It fits fine in the top half but doesn't have enough of a taper from the knee down. It looks better on Benjamin than it did me though.

12. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Well-Known Member

I had the opposite reaction. The top block for me was a bit.. relaxed/blousey, but from the knee down was almost Dickies Skinny tight. It's right between Levis 511 and Dickies for me. I liked the fit, mind you, just not sure if I want them. Also note: I have "athletic" thighs and apparently calves, too.

13. Filipe

Filipe Well-Known Member

Can anyone share the size of the leg opening in Gap's Slim Vintage Khaki? How similar is acorn color to the classic khaki color?

14. JosiahS

I'd be in the same "athletic" thighs category. I'm a cyclist and do try to get in some deadlifts and squats into my workouts. I'd agree with you that it does fit like a cross between 511 and Dickies. I always have to size-up 1 from what would normally fit well in my waist to accommodate my larger thighs, this usually results in things being a little looser from the knee down.. oh well. Don't want to bother with tailoring on these.

15. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

I went with true to size (28x30) and they fit correctly around the waist. Yeah, it's smokey aqua, however the color in the picture isn't accurate. I'll try to take some pics this weekend.

Thanks guys. After one wash on cold and a short tumble dry on low, the fit went from decent to excellent. The questionable side profile totally slimmed up and looks totally proportional all around. The last issues I have with these khakis is the rise, which could be a bit lower since I lack a backside. I shouldn't be a problem for most people who aren't as skinny as I am.

I really like the thickness and stiffness of the fabric, which is easily 9-10oz. I also like the price and the wide selection of sizes. I think if you're considering the lower-end khakis like GAP or J.Crew, I would seriously encourage you to give Dockers a shot.

These are going to hold me over until I can find a pair of high-quality khakis that actually fit me as well as these. Tried Left Field but the leg opening is just way too wide and W+H's officer chinos doesn't fit TTS.

16. b-ewing

b-ewing Well-Known Member

Vote on the nicest thick (e,g, 10-12oz) chinos other than Epaulet at the same price or less? Which as you can see in my sig I'm gaming for;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  17. Exalted_One

Exalted_One Well-Known Member

Can you post some updated fit pics after the one wash?

18. uninkco

uninkco Well-Known Member

Picked up a pair of 34 dockers alpha and it definitely fits well for people with fairly muscular legs...
    Highly recommend trying them out.

19. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  20. JosiahS

Well, i might have to go back and give those alphas another look.. I'm also interested in the jcrew urban slims and still eyeing the IOU chinos that are probably far better quality-wise.