1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Slam Magazine's 50 Best NBA Players

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jpeirpont, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

Kareem should be above Oscar and Shaq. I think he gets downgraded in peoples minds because he played so long and he gets remembered for the bald golem he was at the end. He was an absolute force in his prime and was a perhaps the 2nd most dominant winner from high school to the pros after Bill Russell.

+1

2. forsbergacct2000

forsbergacct2000 Well-Known Member

I question Iverson, especially after seeing how he contributed to the Pistons' implosion this year.

Iverson played a brand of ball that made himself look spectacular, but did not make his teammates better.

3. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

...there are at least five centers better than Moses.

In my list above, he's the 6th center listed, so we're not really in disagreement. He took a very mediocre Houston team to the finals in '81 and was the best player on that '83 Sixers team that was one of the best teams of my of all time IMO. He was a beast on the boards.

4. robertorex

robertorex Well-Known Member

Kareem should be above Oscar and Shaq. I think he gets downgraded in peoples minds because he played so long and he gets remembered for the bald golem he was at the end. He was an absolute force in his prime and was a perhaps the 2nd most dominant winner from high school to the pros after Bill Russell.

agreed, and I lol'd a bit at bald golem. NBA has got too many golems bald or otherwise clunking around not earning their keep