• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone. Look forward to seeing what you come up with @BootSpell . I had originally requested all metal eyelets on these as well, but it was confirmed that was the next level MTO charge. I didn't want to change the last, so it seemed like a waste just to get rid of hooks. These are so dark, they add a little pop anyway.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone. Look forward to seeing what you come up with @BootSpell . I had originally requested all metal eyelets on these as well, but it was confirmed that was the next level MTO charge. I didn't want to change the last, so it seemed like a waste just to get rid of hooks. These are so dark, they add a little pop anyway.

Weird, I was thinking that exact thing --- being a dressier approach to the Galway, I was wondering if all eyelets instead of speed hooks would fly under the 1st MTO level. You answered my question.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's an example by aubercy with stingray facing, looks pretty cool to me, not a captoe though.
That is really nice. I never thought of using a different colour stingray. I was thinking of a black shoe with a black stingray facing but a plaintoe like that looks way cooler.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd just received these StC MTOs a couple of days ago.
I must say these are really excellent shoes, having not handled anything even remotely close to how beautiful these things are. Thanks once again to the great folks at SkoaB, and Gabriel in particular.
There is a problem though, I can't bear to wear them.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd just received these StC MTOs a couple of days ago. I must say these are really excellent shoes, having not handled anything even remotely close to how beautiful these things are. Thanks once again to the great folks at SkoaB, and Gabriel in particular. There is a problem though, I can't bear to wear them.
Beautiful dress shoes,love they way they have finished the sole, enjoy!

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It continues to rain G&G - my incoming first purchase from Skoaktiebolaget ...

ieasti

Reaction score
There has been talk of stingray, just thought I'd contribute

EDIT - posted wrong shoes before

Last edited:

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd just received these StC MTOs a couple of days ago.
I must say these are really excellent shoes, having not handled anything even remotely close to how beautiful these things are. Thanks once again to the great folks at SkoaB, and Gabriel in particular.
There is a problem though, I can't bear to wear them.

Send them to me, I'm ok with wearing them :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads