1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Well-Known Member

Whhuut? You mean she's not beautiful by your standards?
    Heck, she's gorgeous.
    I will be visiting Sweden soon.
    But first, a cold shower.

2. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Well-Known Member

Lol as someone who possesses quite high standards, I think a trip to Sweden may be in the agenda.

She's decent?!? Goodness gracious you Swedes must be spoiled lol!

1 person likes this.
  3. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Well-Known Member

Looking for help with Chelsea boots - EG Newmarket 202 or GG Burnham GG06?

Any thoughts from the community on which is better/more comfortable? Smart Casual wear.

TYIA

4. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

Better is a subjective term. Both are of great quality, oak bark leather soles top end leather etc. It really depends on which last works best for you and looksost aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  5. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Well-Known Member

Thanks, looking for subjective feedback. My issue with EG is for all the shoes I have, there is heel slip on the right. I have never purchased GG but have tried them on so I know my size, just not the long term effects. I don't need the whole cut of GG since these will be war-boots anyways however Chelsea boots can be difficult because not much adjustability. Last thing I want is a slipping Chelsea boot.

Open to other manufactures as well, just curious what thoughts the forum has.

Thx again

6. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

Gentlemen pardon my interruption but we are trying to organize following GMTO

This model Gaziano & Girling Thorpe
    [​IMG]

In this color Chestnut English Grain

[​IMG]

Since we are in the early stage the specifications are still being hammered out, here is what has been agreed upon in bold letters.

Last = either GG06 or MH71
    Width = E width.
    Color = Chestnut English Grain
    Soles = Double Leather

Eyelets = To be determined blind or speedhook etc
    Welt = To be determined Flat Welt or Storm Welt ?

Price = $1325 all inclusive to USA or 10800 SEK non-USA clients.

If you are interested, please send me PM.

Currently we have

@Zapasman
    [@laufer[/@]
    @Montecristo905

@NAMOR is undecided.

1 person likes this.
  7. Faster

Faster Well-Known Member

For me, what worked in a very similar situation is size down and go wider, with both shoes. However we all have different feet right... Go to a trunk show to get sized, it changed it all for me.

10.5 to 9.5 or 10 and up 2 widths

8. Zapasman

Zapasman Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I was thinking to get the MH71 last (less rounded than GG06 or softly chiseled) in 9 F width. GG standard E width seems to be narrow for a boot. Have you checked your size already? Furthermore, I would prefer a double sole (leather or Dainite) and blind eyelets (I believe it is more elegant for this boot). With or without storm welt (not a problem for me). What do you guys think?

Leaves, are those 10.800 SEK all inclusive to EU members?. Thanks.

9. armsignet

armsignet Well-Known Member

My suggestions are 1) to also consider St. Crispins, and 2) to double check your expected fit with the guys at Skoak.

I have StC Chelsea boots, and they are fantastic. The only pair of shoes/boots that have received more compliments than my StC Chelseas are my GG St. James II, which I have worn far more often.

I went with Skoak's size recommendation for the StC Novello last based on GG TG73 and Vass K sizing, and their advice was perfect. They recommended for me a 0.5 reduction in size (standard widths) relative to GG, but you should ask based on your own sizing from other makers.

It was quite a leap of faith buying Chelseas sight unseen in a new (to me) last from a new (to me) manufacturer, but I was confident that Skoak would nail it, and they did.

1 person likes this.
  10. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Well-Known Member

Wanted to post some pictures of the Bolet wholecuts I got from our friends in Sweden. The sizing didn't work out (see my sig) but damn if they're not sexy as hell and I'm impressed with the finishing and quality. When I was ordering, I couldn't get a great handle on Bolet and where it was in the light-mid-dark brown spectrum. Decided to snap some pics next to Doak Galways to give a better sense for the color.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

Thank you for comparing it to Galway help a lot to,get an idea of a color.

12. ecwy

ecwy Well-Known Member

Underrated colour.. I think I like it more than Etrusco.

Would also like to own a Meleze one day.

13. smoothie1

smoothie1 Well-Known Member

This is one Bonafe style that I'm considering taking the plunge for. I skipped the EB MTO promotion earlier this year, and while it was not a big deal to me, the seamless and normal wholecuts are stunning.

Someone convince me to try the Bonafe. EGs remain my favorite, but my appreciation for Bonafe continues to grow.

14. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Great pictures @fairlynerdy. Sorry to hear the size did not work out.

15. ThunderMarch

Perhaps you would like to join in our Vitello Meleeze jodhpur MTO?
    Hmmm... though I think you might already have a burgundy pair.

Any makeups you have in mind for Bolet?

16. ecwy

ecwy Well-Known Member

I am trying to go on a shoe diet [​IMG] Not keen on the Jodphur but thanks for asking!

In Bolet, I would probably consider a semi brogue captoe derby but was thinking of doing with Josh when he is ready. Other crazy ideas are something with the Betis Brunello / Hidro Schiefer (EB's brogue wingtip oxford boot) though I have no idea why I would need a purple/grey boot.

Most recent awesome example I've seen posted of captoe semi brogue is the one by nutcracker in the oakroom thread.

Quote:

1 person likes this.
  17. eljlakers

eljlakers Well-Known Member

I've been pondering an adelaide or a lazy man in Bolet. That's the calf color I've been most drawn to - just can't figure out what I "need."

18. ThunderMarch

Ah crap, the etrusco lazyman GMTO is good to go so I can't do that.
    There is actually an ongoing preorder for an Adelaide in Bolet on SkoaB's website. You should get in on it.

19. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

10800 SEK ex VAT. 13500 SEK including VAT.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  20. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

I think we can only have one width on GMTO. I take E width.