• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just commented to a friend today that if I had to have a collection of only a single pair of shoes (God forbid...) that these would be in contention for it

I think mink suede with lining would be more versatile. No lining and light color makes it more spring summer

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just commented to a friend today that if I had to have a collection of only a single pair of shoes (God forbid...) that these would be in contention for it

I almost would say grail. It's a hell of a shoe

I think mink suede with lining would be more versatile. No lining and light color makes it more spring summer

See the thing is in California it's probably good for all year wear.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I almost would say grail. It's a hell of a shoe
See the thing is in California it's probably good for all year wear.

True, I didn't consider that. I still think Mink Suede is more versatile than Coffee Suede and goes with more outfits but it's moot since no one has just one shoe, especially if it's an EG.

I'm kind of biased though, I have a snuff suede chukka I want to get rid of and MTO a mink suede Banbury instead.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be down for mink suede as well, maybe Skoak will make a fall Shanklin version in mink? ;)

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would be down for mink suede as well, maybe Skoak will make a fall Shanklin version in mink? ;)

It could be shoe for Fall, but knowing EG it would probably delivered next fall. I would down for it.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought a Chelsea boot was the most versatile

Or a calf chukka. Def not Galway.

come on guys! that was a joke for all of us EG guys who go crazy for the Galway!

Chukka boots and Chelsea boots are both very versatile for casual situations and in some cases can be dressed up a bit! I love both

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we all go for so many pairs of shoes so as long as we can wear them for more than one outfit, it can be seen as versatile!

They are all great styles from jeans to a bit more dressed.

jinjin1928

Reaction score
Saw that there would be Galways coming in this October, I can't wait for the preorders to open on those especially the one with burnt pine/chestnut utah.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be down for mink suede as well, maybe Skoak will make a fall Shanklin version in mink?
wink.gif

I think I'd be interested as well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads