1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Easy to prevent. BUY!

2. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

Good enabling tif.

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

and then cancel!

4. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

will shipping be cheaper - because its coming from the US?

5. doodledoc

doodledoc Well-Known Member

Leaves said that there will be a US online store, but I'm not sure if that means the shoes will be shipped from the US (I still think the shoes will be shipped from Sweden). Leaves also said that on the US store, the price will be the final price you pay, which would include custom fee, shipping, tax, etc.

6. mw313

mw313 Well-Known Member

Will that also give us one shipping option and then also take the hassle of needing to worry about getting hit with extra fees out of the equation?

7. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Well-Known Member

For the price of a pair of boots or shoes every quarter, I'll be more than willing to store US's inventory and ship it out for them. Yo Leaves, I live a block away from a FedEx!

8. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

It's only an online portal. Only for the different US pricing. I imagine it would cost whatever FedEx shipping cost before.

9. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Ow this thread... :lurk:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  10. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

Any ideas leaves or anyone else? :)

11. armsignet

armsignet Well-Known Member

Austrian shoe maker + Romanian labor + Swedish retailer + American jingoism = Trump's head explodes!

1 person likes this.
  12. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

Cognitive dissonance puts it back together again (for what it's worth).

13. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Well-Known Member

Speaking of shipping, I had a strange, but good, shipping experience with an Italian retailer. I ordered an item from them on Sunday (not shoes btw), they shipped it out Monday, it went to Florida, but was delivered to me here in the Northeast today (Wed.) by the US Mail. 3 days shipping via post from Europe! I wouldn't have believed it it I hadn't experienced it myself. When I went online to track it, it was tracked through Stamps.com website for some reason, but I certainly will not complain about a 3 day ship from Europe.

14. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Well-Known Member

If this was done in a GMTO would that surcharge be split among the group? Alternatively if one person commissions this and pays the one time fee for the pattern creation does that mean all subsequent orders from anyone else won't get hit by this fee?

15. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Well-Known Member

I think the 4000 sek surcharge is just (approximately) the 30% advanced MTO surcharge for a GMTO of 3 orders
    The gmto becomes cost effective over indiv. mto only if 4 or more people join...

EDIT: I want to use this example to teach my daughter arithmetic someday! she'll probably hate it.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  16. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

All fees and customs will be included in the price for the U.S. store. The price listed will be the final price you as a customer will pay.

Correct, thank you sir!

Shipping will be free in the U.S. Store. I don't know if you noticed but we now offer free shipping for any order over 1500 SEK to the U.S. The shoes are still being shipped from Sweden though.

That's a deal. The best deal I ever made. It's about a 1000 pairs each year and growing. I'll be in touch soon, you may want to quit your day job. God bless America! :)

Please email sales@skoaktiebolaget.se for all fitting advice.

The most fair option would be to split the cost, yes.

Nope. Heavy design modifications on an existing pattern incurs a 30% surcharge. Creating a completely new pattern is 4000 SEK. On the other hand you can create any style you want then.

2 people like this.
  17. itraxx

itraxx Well-Known Member

There are seams where there shouldn't be. Depends if that bothers you or not.

18. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Well-Known Member

The benefits of working from home. Wouldn't even need to quit... would just need a Skoak FedEx account and a nice bookcase/storage solution so my place doesn't look awful despite storing what sounds like 250 pairs shoes/mo :happy:

19. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Well-Known Member

Ah OK. Do we get guarantees the pattern with never be replicated without surcharge? Kinda like a limited edition boot?... (i'm only half kidding :) )

I hope our search for a bonafe apron toe boot isn't getting annoying!

(btw - tentative subscribers to the idea include 4 people so far
    : @laufer
    @IGotId
    @Odd I/O
    @sleepyinsanfran

20. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Well-Known Member

The rubber sole kills it for me. If they were in a leather sole I would have kopped a pair. It's a great price.