1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. toblov

toblov Well-Known Member

Plus 50% MTO fee if not six participants.

2. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Correct. Remember, croc and gator are two completely different mats.

Correct also.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  3. hoodog

hoodog Well-Known Member

I actually talked about this with Gabriel at Skoab the other day, as this possibility somewhat surprised me. He told me that a Chelsea on the 888 last wasn't possible to do as a "regular" MTO, and that the only way to this would be through a "Top Drawer" MTO. Are you aware about this? This means a higher level of workmanship of course, but also a hefty surcharge...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  4. vorkanz

vorkanz Well-Known Member

Okey that sounds weird couse the price they gave me was not for the Top Drawer.

5. hoodog

hoodog Well-Known Member

Yes that is strange indeed. Maybe its best to make sure again then? Or maybe someone from SkoAB could make things straight for us in this thread? Leaves? Gabriel?

6. toblov

toblov Well-Known Member

Im also in love with the frankenstitch. I have bort a pair of soller, oscar adn robert. I wear UK 9 in all. Indeed soller is a bit wider fit but for me its not so much that i wear different sizez in thoose lasts. I dont know if thats was much for help.

7. vorkanz

Yeah your right, just sent a mail to EG about it again.

8. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

They won't make the Chelsea on any other last than 82 or 202. I had this discussion with them just a couple of months ago and they were unyielding. Who at EG told you they can do it on 888?

9. GabrielOB

GabrielOB Well-Known Member

We have not yet placed another restock for this model so I cannot specify a date (there is also a lead time of about 3 months) but it will absolutely be restocked in a UK 9.5. However, this restock will probably not arrive before the summer. Please e-mail us to be placed on the waiting list for the time being, sales@skoaktiebolaget.se

10. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

818 sounds like a decent price for croc, any pictures of croc carminas please?

So all exotics are 'MTO'?

11. vorkanz

Heres the mail they sent me.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email.

The Chelsea can be made to order on the 888 last, this takes about 12 / 14 weeks.

Kind regards

Robert Willis
    Sales manager

Edward Green and Co
    75 Jermyn Street
    London

12. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

13. hoodog

hoodog Well-Known Member

It wasn't I who said it was possible, it was vorkanz. On the contrary, I was under the impression that EG wouldn't do this make-up.

14. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Aye, sorry about that. I've e-mailed my EG contact and asked him to shed some light on this. It might be a mistake from EG and Robert, or they have introduced a new policy without notifying their retailers. :)

15. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

This is incorrect. I just got a confirmation from EG. They will not make the Chelsea on the 888 last. If you want a similar style on the 888 they offer Gladstone on this last.

To quote my EG contact "I work closely with Robert and have just shown him this quote and he has no idea when he wrote this..."

16. vorkanz

Okey to bad. Guess that i will go with GG insted that have a wider selection. Woud is be posible to get a swan neck on GG The Oxford if i woud go MTO?

17. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

I'll have to ask Dean about that. Please e-mail us for further specific MTO questions.

18. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

As much as I love EG, their consistency about what style/last/pattern confuses me. I have a pair of Chelseas on 888 actually: [​IMG] The only thing I can think of is if they stock that model "especially" for a distributor (e.g., Brooks Brothers).

19. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Around 2011 they started limiting which lasts could be used for certain models. They are now very strict about this.

20. hoodog

hoodog Well-Known Member

As I suspected. Thanks for clearing this upp Leaves! Does this also mean that they won't even do it on the 888 as a top drawer MTO?

I personally applaud EG for this decision. It gives their shoes a kind of "artistic integrity" in a world where every other shoe maker lets you decide just about everything, just as long as you pay enough.