1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Leaves I forgot to ask and I'm not sure if it was mentioned but does that include lasted trees?

2. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

3. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:drool:

too bad you guys don't carry men's sizes :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  4. Keen

Keen Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's been fantastic. Must've been nice living here.

5. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Well-Known Member

If you're such a man...order MTO ;)

6. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

I'm considering it. Seriously.

7. JawnGault

JawnGault Well-Known Member

any idea which EG last would be most comparable to the Carmina Forest last?

8. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

9. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Forest does not look very similar to any EG lasts in my opinion. But if I had to chose I'd say a mix of 202 and the 82. Or do you mean in regards of fit?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  10. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

You should be ashamed of yourself being a big-footed man and all. This is why I can't endorse you guys but I'm sure there will be many pantyfoots to drive your sales. Hope you understand or HYU.

11. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

First of all I have not been ashamed of myself since I was a wee teen boy and had to go shopping with my mom. :D Second, I got these for you, you're a UK 12.5 in EG right?

[​IMG]

For all you big footed lads out there, we have more size UK 12, UK 11.5 and even a few UK 13 in EG. Anyone who carries 11.5 and up will get a 10% discount on EG. Big Feet FTW! :nodding:

Maybe we should start our own "Big Feet Thread - info and were to buy" -thread on where to get large sizes.

3 people like this.
  12. earnest

earnest Member

For all of you interested in Edward Green Galway boots with shearling lining, we just received word from the factory that these can only be produced on the 64 last. So, for shearling lining, no 82 last for example. We have asked for more info on how the 64 fits, perhaps someone here can offer some information as well?

13. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

I take a UK12E & have or have had all of those. Those loafers up there are Carmina in shell?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  14. Ialdabaof

Ialdabaof Active Member

Could anyone please elaborate on EG sizes in comparison with Carmina Robert or C&J 348? Both fit me nice and I'd probably be interested in Galways MTO if I knew my size. Don't have an opportunity to try EGs on.

15. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Well-Known Member

Leaves, dont mean to hijack this thread, but since I know you're into ties as well
    I though I'd post a public question in case others also have some suggestions or have the same question as me.

Where's the best place to buy ties in Stockholm?

really appreciate any help since Im completely clueless

16. nepats81

nepats81 Well-Known Member

I wear size 8.5 UK in Carmina Robert and C&J 348. I wear a size 9 D UK for EG. Generally I have found - size down half a size from US to UK for EG, and a full size down from US to UK for Carmina and C&J. Perhaps others can chime in as well.

17. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Well-Known Member

This is helpful, I wear a 8.5UK in Carmina Rain and was curious about EG.

18. JPHardy

JPHardy Well-Known Member

Leaves,

I think you might find that there are quite a few members who have feet that are actually the size of a a foot and take 12UK.

They may only stock a few in 12, but I always see the Carmina website and the Armory sell out of the 12's.

If you feel that it is too much of a risk to stock 12's, maybe you can let us know when you are ordering something or restocking and we can let you know our interest.

Just a thought that may help some extra sales.

2 people like this.
  19. Ialdabaof

Ialdabaof Active Member

Thank you! Is D a normal or a narrow width in EG? I wear 7.5 UK in normal E width.
    A bit afraid of making a blind order as I already have a couple of ASs in 7.5 and 8 neither of which actually fit [​IMG]

20. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

I bought two pair from the good folks at teh Armoury based strictly on pictures and their comparisons to EG sizing. EG's fit me perfectly, the Carminas-almost so.

For the gent who inquired above re the reverse fit translation I wear a 12/12.5E in EG and took a 12 in Carmina. I have the Alcudia and Simpson lasts which fit nicely. The Alcudia much more so.