1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dRm0j0

dRm0j0 Well-Known Member

Hello,

Any experience for those stateside (NYC specifically) on returning a pair of shoes to skoak? I dropped by fedex and they quoted me over 200 bucks. I fainted.

:( any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Best,
    B

2. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

Just use our USPS service around $50-60

3. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

200? Were you trying to do it first class express overnight or something?

4. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

+ 1

5. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

That's fedex normal shipping price give or take from 160 to 200$ in general & this is not over night lol

6. venividivicibj

Wow. Do people actually use FedEx for that stuff? Seems like pretty easy price disparity to spot.

7. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Well-Known Member

Well if you have a Fedex account, the rates would be much lower. But for the one-off average joe shipment, $175-$200 is about right. USPS might sit in customs in Spain for a month or so, but Carmina shouldn't hold that against you with their return window.

8. armsignet

armsignet Well-Known Member

Yep, FedEx is expensive international. I have shipped a set of four tires across the US via FedEx for less than $200 compared to similar price for shoes to Europe.

As noted already, USPS medium flat rate box will do. You will have to fill out a customs form, but no big deal. Do note that USPS, unlike UPS or FedEx, will not immediately give you a receipt confirming that they took possession of your shipment. They want you to leave it on a counter - that anyone can reach - to be picked up later. I am always wary that a box will "disappear," but so far no problems.

Also note that if you are ever shipping shoes internationally to a buyer, it actually pays to use ebay's international shipping. I shipped shoe trees to Hong Kong via eaby for like $15 and they got there in about a week. Of course, I had to broker the final sale through ebay, but the savings in shipping more than made up for the 10% commission ebay takes.

9. dRm0j0

dRm0j0 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input guys. I'll ask the guys @ USPS tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be at least a reasonable quote. My lord, such punishment for getting the wrong size haha.

Long story short, sized up half a size from Simpson -> Uetam because the toe box was a bit too snug. Somehow with just a half size increase, I can fit 2 fingers in the heel on the Uetam but literally can barely fit a paper clip in the simpson's. No idea why that's the case. Bummers lol

10. Jmm722

Jmm722 Well-Known Member

If it's too expensive to return you may end up losing less money trying to sell them here or on eBay. That way you only lose $25-40 you paid for shipping and not the additional $50-60 you'll spend shipping them back.

11. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Well-Known Member

You grossly overestimate how much return you'd get on B&S or ebay.

12. vmss

vmss Well-Known Member

What shoes and size are they ?

13. golfinz

golfinz Well-Known Member

Use usps. I returned a pair to carmina and it was $65 with tracking. The pair arrived in Spain in 4 days, sat in customs for about 3 weeks but finally made their way to store. Before using usps I checked with fedex and they quoted me $195

14. dRm0j0

dRm0j0 Well-Known Member

Carmina Polo Suede String Loafers UK7.5. I'll let it go at cost and eat the shipping if anybody is interested.

Thanks golfinz, I'll check in with USPS. Is shipping to Sweden more or less same price as shipping back to Carmina in Spain?

1 person likes this.
  15. zonda600

zonda600 Well-Known Member

I shipped back to Skoak for about $40 using USPS.

16. venividivicibj

Leaves, when would we know about the possibility of the Shanklin stock pull//the new EG pricing policy?

17. mw313

mw313 Well-Known Member

Hopefully not too long. But we should give him a good week or so to see what he hears.

18. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Still unclear at this stage. Believe me, I'm quite frustrated at the situation.

19. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

How's the transition to the new management team?

20. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Unclear at this stage.