• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

More pics of the Carmina Polo Suede Boot in sunlight. I get a similar colour as the pics provided by Skoak. Seen some pics that looked quite different so that's a relief.
Great pics! Thx!

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bonafe-Jodhpur-Aubergine-02_1024x1024.jpg

Looking at this pic and the relatively steep incline behind the toe box, is it safe to assume that this last (EB 804) has a highish instep?

And how is the sizing in comparison to Carmina Forest, EG 202/82/606?

Last edited:

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the Carmina black jumper boot today:

Black calf - Oscar last

GabrielOB

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bonafe-Jodhpur-Aubergine-02_1024x1024.jpg

Looking at this pic and the relatively steep incline behind the toe box, is it safe to assume that this last (EB 804) has a highish instep?

And how is the sizing in comparison to Carmina Forest, EG 202/82/606?
Yes, all Bonafè lasts have a high instep. This Jodhpur model will also feel slightly more generous over that part of the foot because of it's lack of lacing or buckles. A good recommendation would be to size down half a size from Forest to this 804 last, which is more elongated than Forest and EG 202.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@GabrielOB do you feel that the Bonafe 946 fits like the rain last? I find that it fits a bit more snug, which is actually better for me. I know some on here feel that the 946 has a higher instep.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patrik, would like to know how many members I have to gather in order to make the Carmina Burgundy Shell Frankenstich Boots GMTO happen?
smile.gif

We have a list of 4 up to now!
- MickeyPunch
- Steel28
- watchidiot
- owenau1989

I think you can add me to that list as well. I need a pair of burgundy shell boots!

GabrielOB

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@GabrielOB do you feel that the Bonafe 946 fits like the rain last? I find that it fits a bit more snug, which is actually better for me. I know some on here feel that the 946 has a higher instep.
Yes, for me, the Rain and 946 lasts fits very similar with a similar high instep. However, I would say that the 946 is maybe a hair higher over the instep and also over the ball width, not wider just slightly higher. Nevertheless, I would recommend the same size for these two lasts, as I personally also take.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the 946 to have less room length wise (toe area). I could be wrong though.

adamf009

Reaction score
I'm another who got in on the Doak Galway preorder. It will be my first EG. SF is dangerous: I found myself a few weeks behind on the Alden thread and daunted with the number of posts to cover. Recalled some Alden thread participants having good things to say about the Galway. A few clicks later and my CC had been charged!

Looking to get some Carmina into the stable. Would appreciate any feedback on the following:

1) Any pics of these in the wild? Is the Fox suede more on the yellow/tan or caramel spectrum?

2) Thinking of upgrading my AE Park Avenues and looking at the Dress Shoe in black (Forest Last) or the Work Wear (Rain Last). I think either last would be ok from an aesthetic, but unsure on fit. Alden sizes are 10.5D Barrie last shoe (a bit loose), 10.5 D Barrie last boot (just right), 11 D Plaza boots and shoes (just right), 10.5 E Grant boot, 10.5 D Trubalance (a bit loose but 10.5 C is too tight). High instep. I'm assuming 10 UK is the right size, but would greatly appreciate thoughts on which last would be better.

Dress Shoe in black:

Work Wear:

3) @Leaves, Any plans for a restock of the Work Wear?

Thanks all,
Adam

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those work wear are sexy. I want them, will probably pick them up in summer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads