1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

Thanks fox loafer sold out for my size but placed an order for braided boot.

2. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

Sorry, I thought you knew or had a pair. I saw those and thought of you.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  3. sarteaga

sarteaga Well-Known Member

The Snuff Suede 5-Eyelet Chukka GMTO has shipped, can't wait!
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Exactly. There is a local 'UPS Store" where I can ship packages, but if want to pick up an international delivery I've got to take a 40 min. drive to the airport. What can Brown do to you today?

My local post office can hold the package and collect any customs / duties owing and they don't charge any "brokerage" fees for doing so. And they are less than 5 minutes away. I've never had an urgent shoe emergency that required me to absolutely positively get a new pair from across the globe in a day or two. I can wait a week and it will all be okay.

5. razl

razl Well-Known Member

That's exactly why I ship to my work office, another little thing that makes life easier.

6. ecwy

ecwy Well-Known Member

Same experience in my country.

The only good couriers here are DHL and Fedex that allow you to specify a delivery time slot in the evening (7 - 10 pm). They will also redeliver up to 3x.

I prefer dealing with the local post office than other couriers who make me pick up the item at some warehouse in the middle of nowhere.

I do try and avoid shipping to the office but that is a personal preference I guess.

7. TtownMD

+1 I would agree with you & few other it's much easy to deal with local post office & to pick things up.

8. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

@TtownMD what about a 3 eyelet chukka in fox suede Soller last GMTO. I'd be up for that.

9. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

@Exdeath

Love that Jodhpur. Might have to mimic that in Melezze calf, which is believe is Etrusco without the reddish tones.

I do think Etrusco is one of the most versatile colors possible.

1 person likes this.
  10. lartiste

lartiste Well-Known Member

Why you do not ask to direct the shipping to your work. In my office is always someone present and therefore can accept package. From my personal experience, the best solution... .

11. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I get everything I order online shipped to my office. So much less headache.

1 person likes this.
  12. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

I appreciate the thought. Oh well, next time :)

13. Paulus-paulis

Paulus-paulis Well-Known Member

Is there any listing of all materials you could choose for a MTO from Enzo Bonafe? The ones i know is: Calf, Suede, Cordovan, Peccary, Deerskin, croc(Baby& Flanks) But what else ?

14. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Personal package deliveries to my office are actively discouraged. We have some pretty absurd security protocols - all incoming packages are x-rayed at a minimum and subject to other types of undisclosed screening. I'd hate for some machine to think the metal shaft in a pair of shoe trees was something nefarious. So it's post office for me. But frankly, this would be the case even if I could have office deliveries. Part of the reason that couriers can speed packages through customs is that they are hyper-aggressive in collecting duties and taxes on all commercial goods - which is about 99% of what customs really cares about anyway. As a result, I am not only almost guaranteed to get hit with duties collected on an international package, the courier will make damn sure to apply every single tax that could conceivably be applied. FedEx is spectacularly thorough in this regard. And then they will charge me for the privelege on top of it. With the sheer volume of postal material coming in daily, customs really can only spot-check when left to do it themselves. So the chances of the package sailing through with no duties or taxes assesed at all are very good. And when they are assessed, at least they don't charge you for the work they did in making the assessment. Besides, do I really want my employer and co-workers knowing how many damned shoes I buy? No, I don't. I really don't. On a recent delivery (NOT Skoak) I had specifically requested trackable postal shipping, but the vendor decided to ship by UPS anyway. Massive headache on my end, as a result. Missed delieries at home (d'uh, I work for a living) - multiple calls by me to their 1-800 number, assurances that the package would be held for pickup but that message never seemed to get to the actual drivers. Three missed deliveries at home (d'uh, still working...) and then they say they are returning the package to the vendor because it is "undeliverable". 4th call to the 800 number finally gets the package held..... at the airport. 40 min drive there. 40 min drive back. This type of BS does NOT happen with postal deliveries here.
    Quote:I think a suede chelsea would be more versatile. The braided boot is way cool but kinda funky and a bit out there. A nice addition to an already well established and versatile rotation, but not the best choice if you are seeking maximum versatility out of this particular pair. Not sure that Fox is the most versatile shade, though. I would get more wear out of a slightly darker shade.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  15. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

Roger, I had almost the same problems with UPS and FEDEX. There has been a spike in stolen packages recently as some thieves are actually following FEDEX and UPS drivers to steal packages that are left unattended. This is often the case unless the shipper requests signature delivery which is service that shipper has to pay for extra. Anyways this is what begin using from UPS and FEDEX has the similar service. http://www.ups.com/mychoice/features/

1 person likes this.
  16. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Well-Known Member

Please follow this link for more information and do not hesitate to send us an e-mail for further questions:
    http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/pages/enzo-bonafe-made-to-order

17. TtownMD

Sounds good but I have to figure out sizing for soller last I checked out armory but they don't have that last. I have two mto all ready & little scared to keep gambling with out proper info.

18. dRm0j0

dRm0j0 Well-Known Member

Hey,

You guys still have the "Burgundy Beauty" from Enzo? Can't seem to find it on your website anymore. If not, is it still available via MTO?

Thanks!

19. TtownMD

I get my personal things ship to my house shoes, cloths etc I try not to have them ship to my office. Because higher chance of theft. I also work in small office setting. Too many nosey coworkers & ppl.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  20. TtownMD

I am sorry you had to deal with all that I had to deal with similar situation but not that bad. And that is why I agree with you regarding local postal service. And thank you for your input I really appreciate it :slayer: