1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Well-Known Member

Thanks. Also, you should change your signature, adding St Crispin's.

2. striker

striker Well-Known Member

And the SF ad banners too.

3. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Crazy! Four months for a RTW shoe, that other vendors stock. Of course Skoak's prices are better.

Although not Skoak's fault, I'd appreciate proactive instead of reactive updates.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  4. Paulus-paulis

Paulus-paulis Well-Known Member

I have a question about this, as far as i have understood, Enzo bonafé offers some sort of antiquing ? Would it be possible to get your shoes orderd in January in this style ? Even if it is in plum museum ?

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

I would imagine they are just as frustrated. I'm sure they would prefer to have everything in the hands of their customers in a more timely fashion.

In regards to proactive vs reactive, I completely agree with you. However, in my limited experience this often lies fault with EG. It seems to me Skoak is regularly pushing them for timeframes and information but EG seems quite aloof in this regard. I know quite a few of us that find this aspect of EG very frustrating. If you are going to experience delays the least they could do is over communicate through the process. I know Gabriel is great at giving me the scraps of info that he gets.

It's too bad as I expected to be wearing the Shanklin this spring and within the next few weeks will be too warm here for this shade of suede. Oh well, will be great in the fall...

6. patliean1

patliean1 Well-Known Member

I am patiently waiting for GG STJ Chestnut to be delivered. Supposed to be finished end of April but now I'm hoping maybe end of May.

7. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

I agree and know that it's not Skoak's fault. Would love to hear, before having to ask, about whatever scraps you or anyone else is getting, which is worse, to me, than EG's aloofness.

Anyway, they will be here when they get here. I do appreciate Skoak organizing it.

I'm looking at some Enzo shoes now after looking at those MTO.

8. jackster145

jackster145 Well-Known Member

hi, I haven't done many MTOs but I don't think one can alter any specifications at this stage. what is this antiquing you speak of anyways?

9. Itsuo

Itsuo Well-Known Member

I had a considerable amount of frustration with G&G over long unknown delivery dates (not through Skoak). Which was one of the reasons I decided to try StC. I've ordered a half dozen pairs over the last years and they're always delivered in 8 weeks. Even once when I placed an order between Christmas and New Years! I know they only just got started selling through Skoak, but it might be something to think about.

10. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Well-Known Member

Last year I did 2 EG MTO's, one took 6 months and the other took 8 months to come in.

11. Paulus-paulis

Paulus-paulis Well-Known Member

I dont Think so either to be honest but it´s simple to ask.

I Think i´ve read in this or the EB thread that they offers antiquing.

12. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

Besides fit, besides style, besides design and the quality of the components being used, the no worries about the end result is one of the reasons I choose Edward Green.

For these things I'm more than willing to wait, it's just when the time frame starts to draw closer to twice the amount I expected to wait that I get impatient. But in the end I take comfort that the end result will be worth the wait even though it will be much longer than expected. I would much rather complain about the wait than the end result.

Skoak has always responded in a timely fashion to my requests in regards to status, but since these delays seem fairly common I find it rather difficult to believe that they could be more proactive with all of them on a constant basis.

13. dalevy

dalevy Well-Known Member

Just check some of the models on skoak's website. you'll see it.

14. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

This is why we are now quoting 6 months instead of 4 for EG. It's very frustrating on our part too, of course.

The Shanklins were supposed to be delivered a couple of weeks ago. Trust us, we are suffering with you, because we know how frustrating it is to wait for something and then it's constantly delayed. We have RTW stock that should have been delivered in March, imagine the impact this has on our revenues, with the peak sales season coming to an end. I'm not happy about it but I'll have to endure and try to send back feedback to EG and hope things will improve.

They have a new factory manager at EG, I hope he can improve lead times.

3 people like this.
  15. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

The fluctuating lead times is not confined to skoak believe me, i have waited for nearly year while awaiting delivery. I have also received mtos in 4 months. I would suspect it really just depends on how many people submit mtos in a particular time frame.

Skoak is still no.1

16. dddrees

Thanks for the explanation @Leaves. As long as he doesn't monkey around and negatively effect the overall quality that I've come to expect. Frankly I could better deal with longer wait times as long as this was my expectation to begin with.

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

I would hope he improves it! Less failures off the line should result in a quicker timeframe

18. dddrees

i certainly wouldn't disagree with you, but the bottom line for me is that the product that I'm accustomed to getting is what I want to continue to receive. Expectations in regards to when I will get it is secondary if not further down the list, but it would be nice if he were able to fix it.

19. NewStart

NewStart Well-Known Member

On the same note, a friend of mine was really interested in the Galway doak/walnut Pre-order but did not pull the trigger on that due to uncertain sizing. So if anyone joined the pre-order for size 7.5E UK and tired of waiting or changed their minds due to whatever reason, please let me know. He is very keen on correcting his mistake.

20. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

+100.

Going forward, I may have to use Skoak's other vendors, as they seem to hold relatively true to delivery timeframes.

In speaking with someone, from EG, recently, it seems that the defect rate has gone down.