1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Macs

Macs Well-Known Member

Not at all, I will keep you updated

Right, as soon as we know if hatchgrain and/or Rain is possible, I'll sort the color via private message with all the interested people, even though, by the numbers I have now, we should be sufficient to run one GMTO in dark brown and another one in dark burgundy [​IMG]

2. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

No worries Leaves. I might actually even pull out from the polo suede 905 if I manage to get my size in the restock of the polo suede boot available at your style.

3. 02///M3

02///M3 Well-Known Member

Not to make this GMTO too complicated and disorganized, but if this is done in some sort of textured leather (hatch/pebble grain) with a rubber sole like tomir I think I'd be in as well. Particularly if you go with soller or another rounded toe last.

4. JARB

JARB Active Member

Just joined and ordered the GMTO for the same boot in polo but this is a hard one to resist too,very fond of balmoral boots :) Haven't finally decided if I am in but please keep me updated and add me if you start a private message conversation about this..

5. Tallcane

Tallcane Well-Known Member

Is there a restock coming?

6. watchidiot

Leaves and Gabriel can confirm here, but when I checked via email and IG they were indeed planning a restock of the polo suede boot currently available at Skoak.

7. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Correct. Email to be on the waiting list please.

8. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'll leave my Bonafes here

6 people like this.
  9. Romans116

Romans116 Well-Known Member

deleted

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  10. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

11. techaview

techaview Well-Known Member

We have gotten 5 interested in this gmto. One more to make it happen!

12. Desi Montez

Desi Montez Well-Known Member

13. watchidiot

Carmina Dark Brown Suede Balmoral Boot GMTO

A quick update on the Carmina dark brown suede balmoral boot (aka RogerP boots) GMTO - we have reached the min required 6 participants. This is a separate GMTO from the polo suede bal boot whose prepayment link is already available at Skoak's.

This is a proposed a GMTO based on RogerP's dark brown suede balmoral boot in Robert last.

Specs:
    Balmoral boot in Robert last
    Dark brown suede
    Flat welt
    Single Dainite

It's this boot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The 6 confirmed are:
    @watchidiot
    @IronStyle
    @woodstocks
    @toblov
    @JARB
    @NWTeal

@Leaves, would it be possible to process the order/prepayment for this GMTO to lock in the pre-price hike rates for Carmina boots? The 10% expected increase for boots, though not EG or GG-esque, is still a bit of change and the participation of at least one member in this GMTO is dependent on whether the price could be locked to the current rates same as the current polo suede balmoral boot GMTO.

For your consideration. Thanks!

14. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

15. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

To clarify, the Polo Suede Balmoral Boot is priced at 3520 SEK excluding VAT, but our hope is to get this priced at 3200 SEK excluding VAT, similar to current stock boots on the website.

16. watchidiot

Thanks for the clarification NWTeal. Basically we're asking if we could do the same as what the G&G GMTO groups are doing - that is to beat the 28 Feb cut off and avoid price increase if possible :)

17. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

If that's the exact same boot Leatherfoot and @arneben did I would feel kind of a douche for doing a GMTO for it. Have you talked to them about this project first, given its their original idea?

18. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

^^^ Well, this is a different sole. [​IMG] It's to your credit to take the high road, and while I don't presume to speak for Arne, I think this is just a standard 80092 in standard ante marron - not something of a unique makeup in either style or materials. In my books you guys are both exemplary of all that is good in premium men's footwear retailers. [​IMG]

19. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

Well said

20. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Patrik - 2 questions:

1) How long is this pre-order open on this one, and
    2) Does it jam you up on the Polo U-wing bal boot if I go for this one instead?