1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

I guess, it's always possible it was just a mistake.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  2. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

Customs were probably 'mirin your shoes brah.

3. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

True I guess it had never happened before so I thought I would ask

Hahaha I hope they put it back together the exact same way. Theres nothing better than opening a shoe box and its brand spanking new from the manufacturer.

4. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Not exactly new, we used them in an ancient occult Viking fertility tradition, but they should be ok. :) Wear in good health.

Now it's time to wake up the kids. I was enjoying reading the newspaper in serene silence for once. Here comes the chaos.

5. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Lol my excitement cannot be contained. Not only are they magnificent shoes but they also have history behind them :rotflmao:

6. Keen

Keen Well-Known Member

Any residual white stains are only Saphir Reno that wasn't polished in properly. Just rub it in...

7. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Well-Known Member

Carmina owners

Can anyone comment on the colors/saturation etc. of snuff, tobacco and fox suede? Reddish versus greenish in tone?

Side by side pics would be great if you have two or more of these make-ups. Show off your shoes!

Thanks.

8. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

March 1 price increase

An update on this. Just got notified by Edward Green that they are also looking to increase their prices, this will go into effect end of this week. But we will honor any quotes and prices until end of this month. Because of the currency exchnage rates and the G&G and EG price increase, we are looking at an increase in pricing for about 13-15% (!). So you guys send through your orders if you want to take advantage of the old pricing.

Enzo Bonafé & Carmina increase: about 3-4%
    Edward Green and Gaziano & Girling increase: about 13-15%.

We have a small restock of Edward Green staple incoming before the price increase, as well as some G&G staple that might make it before the increase.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  9. striker

striker Well-Known Member

Damn, i was waiting for some G&G monkstraps, i may have to settle for the Westminster instead.

10. thehaven22

thehaven22 Well-Known Member

Hey, I just wanted to remind people of this GMTO because we have changed some of the details; in particular the suede color and sole are more defined now.
    I'm trying to get this going this month before Carmina/Skoaktiebolaget's price increase in March. With the strength of the USD to the SEK, this is a good time to organize an order.

These chukkas will be a work horse by being able to worn in both casual and business casual settings easily. A lighter shade of suede is something that will add another dimension to your shoe rotation. The makeup is variable, but here is the initial plan:
    Model: 905 5 eyelet chukka
    [​IMG]
    Last: Rain
    Sole: Dainite
    Leather: Snuff suede
    Price: ~$390 + shipping, which may be around $40 if shipping to the US. A 50% nonrefundable deposit is required at the start of the GMTO, with the balance + shipping is charged once the shoes ship. This price depends on the currency exchange rate at the time of order.

We need 6 people total to do a GMTO via Skoaktiebolaget, and so far we have 4 confirmed. Let me know if you want in on this makeup or if you have any further questions, but the link to Skoaktiebolaget's GMTO program should answer most questions. For fit questions, it is best to email Skaoktiebolaget directly, but I've found sizing down 1-1.5 from your Brannock works for Rain lasted chukkas. I'm looking forward to getting this GMTO off the ground.

11. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

You gents sure do know how to increase urgency. :)

Now if only we could get another GG GMTO going before the deadline... :embar:

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

glad I sent an email over the weekend about a few MTO's...

13. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

Me too? Deets?

14. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

Hi Leaves,

Is EG Dover in DOAK will be included in that small restock?

thanks

15. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

So, basically, here is chance to put in your EG MTOs "for free" because, after the price increase, today's MTO price will effectively match (give or take a very small amount) the going rate for RTW models. Hmmmm.

16. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Crap. Price increase.

17. JubeiSpiegel

I could go for an EG nightshade Dover, hhmmmm....

18. thehaven22

thehaven22 Well-Known Member

Wait, I'm confused by the sentence "Just got notified by Edward Green that they are also looking to increase their prices, this will go into effect end of this week".

Will all prices increase by the end of the week or just EG? If it's the former, I really gotta get my 5 eyelet GMTO off the ground [​IMG]

19. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I broke my $1k price cap for EG and it was definitely worth it, but at 15% EG is about to out price themselves for me. Not sure if I should call it quits now or get this next Galway off the ground then call it quits.

20. JubeiSpiegel

I say go out with a bang... :decisions: