1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. member2000r

member2000r Well-Known Member

I will fully support if Skoak can proxy cut length fabrics, lol.

Eddielch likes this.
  2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Would be pretty cool to get a proxy for Drapers/Caccio/etc

3. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

This is a actually something that has crossed my mind. But I'm not sure I know the market well enough to launch such and endeavour.

4. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

I thought both Rota and Incotex offer less tapered/relaxed model as well?

5. member2000r

member2000r Well-Known Member

How about a Skoak lounge for special run fabrics[​IMG]

6. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

I just wanted to thank everyone who submitted feedback! It's been very helpful. I'll try to post a summary of the most usual requests and my thoughts.

The first step has been to improve the product picture to something with a bit more soul and Skoaktiebolaget vibe to it. We have kept the white backdrop ones for colour reference, top view and sole shot but replaced the first picture. We have done this for John Lobb and Saint Crispin's just to gauge the result. Please tell us your thoughts!

7. bloodyj13

bloodyj13 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone on this group, i know it may be a bit off topic but i really hope someone here may help me sort out the problem i encounter now. I get lost of this new SF and all my subscriptions are lost, it's ok for me to find out all these groups one by one, but unfortunately I just don't know where to "subscript" these groups again? would somebody tell me how to subscript the group again? Thanks in advance!

8. ecwy

ecwy Well-Known Member

http://www.styleforum.net/watched/threads

bloodyj13 likes this.
  9. bloodyj13

bloodyj13 Well-Known Member

Thanks, it's very kind of you!
    I also found out this function, just no idea of how to subscript new thread, turn out they adopted an new term 'watch thread'
    So problem solved! Thanks again !

10. Trqmaster

Trqmaster Well-Known Member

Love the pics. Have you thought about picking 1 background to use all the time? When I browse the web and see your older pics with the shelving, it is undeniably a Skoak pic. A watermark of sorts. Also, as for the color in the pics, can't you use a white/18% gray card and do a quick WB and color correction? You could always use really bright lights and take a dark pic. That way your artificial light is your light for the pic and the natural light is so dark it isn't noticeable. Some ideas to play with...

11. vriche

vriche Well-Known Member

Hey Leaves, nice job on the pictures. I noticed something new a couple weeks ago and was wondering if it was deliberate. But when we click on a picture to view, it opens up a new page then we have to go back to the shoe's main page to be able to zoom on the other pics. I think it was better before when we could just arrow to the next zoomed pic as there are now too many steps if we want to zoom on every pic IMO.

12. naspratt

naspratt Well-Known Member

So, so money. And you're making me want far more shoes than I can afford.

Leaves likes this.
  13. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. We're not professional photographers so any tips are welcome. If it's ok, I'd love to get some more tips, or rather my colleague Oliver, who takes most of the pics.

14. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Ok, do you mean on a desktop browser or a mobile device? Which OS, browser etc?

All such tips for better user interface/bug reports are much welcomed.

15. vriche

vriche Well-Known Member

I'm referring to a desktop browser and I'm using Chrome. I'm using the US site.