1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

N
    Very nice. We're these the ones that started on Reddit and were meant to be #4? Weren't they meant to have a storm welt?

2. rbhan12

rbhan12 Well-Known Member

Doubled down on some Skoak travel shoe trees. Crazy light!

3. mw313

mw313 Well-Known Member

Yea they are extremely light and I almost prefer them to the regular trees that they offer. I don't mind the non stained ones when they save that much weight.

4. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

I would have to give them a try. Sadly I don't own any travel tree from skoak.

5. rbhan12

rbhan12 Well-Known Member

Never tried the non-stained trees, but I can't imagine myself caring about what color my shoe trees are :)

6. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Well-Known Member

Any picks of the Carlos Santos chukkas? The website pic doesn’t really give a great idea of the shape of the toe and how pointy/chiseled it is.

7. mw313

mw313 Well-Known Member

The travel trees are just like the normal skoak trees except that they aren't stained and are much lighter weight due to being in a different wood.

The stain doesn't really matter at all unless you want to show them off a bit. I have one pair in green because o wanted to try them out but like the travel trees more due to the weight savings and equal price.

8. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info I will pick some up. All mine are either from the manufacturer or skoak.

9. mw313

mw313 Well-Known Member

I have some woodlore / Jos A banks trees for some of my lesser pairs and otherwise use skoak trees for EB shoes. And if a brand offers lasted trees, I ise their own like for GG, EG, St C, and Vass.

10. loxo

loxo Well-Known Member

Yes, same GMTO. I wish they were #4 but I do like the mahogany. I do not recall if it was supposed to have a storm welt, I should go back and check. Although, I think I like the wheeled welt more.

11. pine tree

pine tree Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  12. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Well-Known Member

@Leaves will there be a patina model in the 187 in the near future?

13. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Not at the moment but we're doing a few non-patina styles on this last in the future.

14. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

15. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

Wanted to chime in that it's pretty refreshing to have an option like this on Skoak, as before I always dismissed the store as being way too overpriced for me. It's actually now become a realistic place to keep an eye on, and I'll probably subscribe to the thread.

At $382CAD with shipping, duties and taxes all in (it does include all of that, right?), I could easily see myself spending a little more than I would on an AE pair and presumable getting better quality shoes.

16. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Well-Known Member

One vote for something in the moss green or charcoal calf.

17. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

We do not cover any customs or taxes for orders outside the EU (excepted is the US, where we have a separate site to cater to US clients). We do however deduct Swedish VAT on these orders, so it should be a pretty sweet deal. We have a few Canadian clients that could provide feedback.

18. varsityreds0123

varsityreds0123 Well-Known Member

Looking to see if there is any interest for a GMTO for the Santos jumper boot. Perhaps something in grain? I'm open to suggestions, but we would need 8 in all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Duties and taxes are in the hands of Canada Customs, not Skoak. If you request postal shipping you at least have a chance of the package coming through clean wih nothing extra charged. Until recently, the odds were VERY good in favor of such a result. Now I would say the odds are against. So you need to factor in the probability of funds due on delivery. And if you request shipping by courier, factor in the certainty of duties and taxes being levied.

20. emidyl

emidyl Well-Known Member

with Skoak's Fedex (included) option you're looking at approx $510 all in. Pretty good all things considered and to your door in a week. You could always take your chance paying for CanPost and "hope" for a pass but that hasn't been the norm as of late.
    As always, Skoak is my first choice and def giving the DM some serious consideration.